Traffic Building Tactics In Only 5 Steps
When it comes to marketing via the search engines, there are two things that are critically important: your search engine ranking and the amount of high quality targeted traffic going to your web site. Traffic is extremely important for any internet business because it is literally the lifeblood of your business. Without targeted traffic, you business will not be profitable.
Listed below are 5 steps that you can use to increase the amount of traffic coming to your website.
1. The best way to sustain the amount of traffic coming to your website is to collect the visitor's information once they reach your website. The best way to do this is to allow them to give you their name and email address in exchange for a free product or service. Implementing this one step will significantly improve the quality and amount of traffic to your site. This is due to a concept that I call residual traffic generation. There is actually a free report that explains this traffic concept in more detail and you can get it at the resource box below.
2. Another good tactic you must implement in order to improve your traffic is to submit your website to the Yahoo search engine and the DMOZ directory. Both of these resources feed your web site results to other third party directories and search engines, thus producing a nice trickle of traffic.
3. The next thing you must do is write as much excellent and appealing content as you can. Your articles should be written so well that it captures the reader's attention. If visitors to your website or blog find your articles extremely good, then they would have no problem linking to your website's pages or blog posts. Also, they would also return to your website if they really enjoy your content.
4. There are certain websites that offer featured listings that will give your website a lot of exposure. Make sure you locate these type of websites or directories within your chosen market only. If you can locate these sites that list featured websites, then make sure you read their requirements and guidelines for getting listed before you even submit your site as a featured listing.
5. Another great way to gain a nice stream of traffic to your website. Look for blogs that update and post frequently and make sure you leave a comment for each of the blog posts. Make sure you provide sound advice and good feedback within your comments so that others would have been encouraged to visit your website.