Top 7 Reasons Why Internet Article Marketing is a Lot Like Fishing
For many solo professionals, business coaches to Internet marketers, Internet article marketing is one of the most affordable marketing strategies. Did you ever think about how Internet article marketing is a lot like fishing?
Recently, I realized that Internet article marketing and fishing share 7 key strategies.
- Both require knowing the actual target. What type of readers or fish do you want? Are you seeking small business owners, publishers of printed journals that may hire you as a writer or individuals who are seeking specific self improvement solutions?
- Both require knowing the geography of where to market or fish. What pond are you fishing in? Are your articles for the pond of business sales or maybe the pond of self improvement goal setting?
- Both require bait. How much bait are you placing on your line? Do you have enough bait out there? If you are truly using Internet article marketing as a marketing strategy, you should be casting out at least 3 new baits a day.
- Both require quality. Is your bait or your article of the quality necessary to get even someone interested to see it, read it or view it? Review your article statistics to learn what bait is receiving higher views and hits.
- Both require a sinker. Your resource box is your sinker that allows your article to be viewed at the proper depth. Does your resource box work with your bait and test line? You may wish to incorporate an auto responder which I believe is part of your sinker.
- Both require a test line. How do you know that your line will hold as you reel in that viewer or fish? Are you using a too heavy of a line or too light of one?
- Both require a net or a landing. The web copy on your Internet page is the net to capture the fish so that it wants to jump into your net or land onto your boat.
Yes, Internet article marketing is a lot like fishing. Who knows maybe this analogy will help you improve your results and actually land more sales or fish.