Top 5 Reasons to Use an Email Marketing System
The benefits to using an email marketing system provider such as Constant Contact, 1Shopping Cart, Aweber or many of the other ones available, simply comes down to using your time more efficiently. You also get the added benefit of being able to track the value of your newsletter. These email providers have many benefits to their clients using their service, the top five reasons we recommend using them are:
- Signup boxes for your website. This is a way to promote your newsletter and allow new subscribers to sign up with ease.
- Security for subscribers since most email providers have strict rules regarding email privacy and spam and this makes them feel more comfortable entering their email and knowing that you are following a policy with regards to their personal information and email address.
- Autoresponders – These allow you to setup a series of actions to happen with new subscribers. You can setup a thank you note, a double opt in (meaning they must, enter their email a second time so you tend to get a better quality of subscriber this way – people will enter their name twice only if they are serious about receiving your newsletter.) You can give away a free report when people sign up to your monthly newsletter and much more. All this happens automatically once setup properly – saving you time in managing your email contacts and new signups.
- Reporting – All of these services provide instant reports on emails. With one look you can see how many people opened your email, if any bounced (never delivered), how many people clicked on any of the links inside and more. All this information to help you see whether the time you spend creating and sending a newsletter is worth it. Make certain if you are using one of these services that you do check the reports on a regular basis.
- Cost Effective – Email campaigns take less money and resources to run over a traditional mail marketing campaign like direct mail or print advertising. The automation aspect can also save you much time. Instead of manually responding to a request for a free report you can have it setup to happen instantly – providing even better service for your clients or contacts.
If you are unable to use one of these email providers you can still collect emails and send out a newsletter in a text or pdf format, it will just be something that you have to track, monitor and follow up in a more manual and time consuming way.
The monthly fee for the email system (some start at $10 per month and can go up to $100 or more depending upon the number of contact emails you have) in almost every case will work out to much less than the cost of your time – time that you could have spent generating revenue in your business. If you are not using an email marketing provider now, keep track of your time spent on your newsletter tasks the next month. It may be more time than you realize and the monthly fee well worth it.