Top 5 Email Marketing Tips
Last time I wrote about the term Cross Media and what its definitions are, in case you missed here's a brief overview.
Cross Media is the all encompassing term for broadcasting one marketing campaign across a spectrum of media formats. It literally means to "Cross Media" by taking one campaign and distributing it to a multitude of channels the marketer and their company are getting multiple touch points with the same target audience to maximize their investment and the results of their campaign.
One of the most effective methods in the marketing mix and one that produces extraordinarily high responses is personalized and variable data marketing. In the past I have talked about PURLs but they go hand in hand with one of the most effective forms of communication, Email Marketing.
Email Marketing has a whole plethora of different formats and many people will agree / disagree with the most effective format for Email Marketing. My top 5 tips for a successful Email campaign are as follows:
- Pick a fantastic subject line. The subject line has to grab the recipient's attention from the outside to encourage them to open the email.
- Do not use too many images in the body. A lot of email service providers will block pictures or send the email straight into the junk folder.
- Keep the email brief and to the point. Do not waffle on, the recipient will soon close it and delete it.
- Be clear in the message. Clearly state your intentions and what you expect from the recipient.
- Make the copy enticing. Draw the recipient into the email and make them want to click through.
Cross Media exists to help you maximize the ROI of all your marketing campaigns. We provide a single source supply for a multitude of services; our offering can be found at http://www.crossmediacomms.com