Top 10 Twitter Tips
Twitter is one of the best social networking tools today.
It has become a household name now.
Here are the tips:
1) choose a memorable username and make a custom background. Do not make your background look like some sort of advertisement, it will turn users off. Tweet with photo with TwitPic. Fill up your information in profile, users like to know who you are.
2) Speak you mind. Be interactive. Share links, share ideas, ask questions, answer questions. Try to add value to the conversation by sharing links. Be honest and have fun. Be considerate.
3) Be clear and concise. Do not use irrelevant words in your posts.
4) You need to use the search feature http://www.search.twitter.com and find the people you want.
5) Get active on Twitter. Keep your account updated. Try to tweet regularly so that people know you have an active presence. Follow those who follow you.
6) Share your thoughts on current news and trends. Do not limit it to yourself.
7) Follow people who are relevant to your needs. Do not follow more people than you can handle.
8) Post interesting messages to get reactions from users. Be simple. Simple words work better than big ones.
9) Do not post spam messages. If you try to sell hard, you will lose your followers quickly.
10) Do not worry about how many followers you have, if you become an active participant you will see your followers increase. Thank people when they follow you with a direct message.