The Golden Rules of Pay-Per-Sale Affiliate Marketing
When people think of affiliate marketing this is the kind they normally think of. You as affiliate have taken on the job of generating traffic to send to merchants in order to increase there sales, for a fee of course.
In order to make good, consistent money with pay-per-sales marketing, it is important that you do two things:
1. Be very selective with products you promote
2. Be strategic in your marketing efforts
There are thousands of affiliate programs available, with more being added daily. Each program will vary based on how much it pays out, how well it converts into a sale, and how much support the merchant will give to its affiliates.
The most common mistake beginners make is that they join every affiliate program that looks good to them, without considering if the merchant is reputable, is the product something they believe in, and does it truly fit into there marketing plan.
Rules of Selection:
1. Choose your niche 1st, then get your list of products within that niche that you believe and know you can promote.
2. Be selective about the products themselves. You want to promote high quality, in demand products that are sold for a competitive price.
3. Do research on the merchant(s) you target. Find what you can on their reputation in that industry from both a customers point of view as well as an affiliates point of view. Look for reviews on customer service “experiences”. Also, look and see what other affiliates are saying about the merchant and there experience with the affiliate program. Does the merchant pay on time? Does the merchant provide helpful tools and support?
4. Do you math. How high of a commission offering, and how well does the product convert? How many sales will it take for you to reach your realistic weekly goals?