Squeeze Pages – List Building: Keyword Research Basics You Need to Know
Before you dive in head first, gain 20/20 vision and avoid the risks of marketing online. Save yourself wasted time, money, and frustration, with keyword research, as your starting point.
Would you dive into a pool, without checking to make sure there was water in it?
Well … no! Yet, people dive in by the droves online, without ever researching the feasibility of a given market. Most are lured by bigger than life stories of guru's. New fairy tales come out daily about how Joe the plumber makes a fortune, working only 2-hours per day, in his underwear, at the kitchen table.
Do Not Buy the Hype; Perform your Due Diligence on Keywords:
- What are keywords?
- Ask What Keywords Can Do for You
- Internet Searches Relate to Keywords
- Trends and Keywords
WAIT! I must address this. What makes all of the above so believable is that it is a mustard seed of true. What is underplayed is the actual amount of work it takes; I am warning you ahead of time. Get prepared to work! More times than not, the average person just starting out blindly rushes in, without realizing the complexity of the environment. You are not the average person!
Caveat Emptor: Buyer Beware! The rush is on, to stake a claim on as much virtual property as possible. A domain or virtual address is a cheap sign of land ownership. Next, hours, days, weeks, sometimes months are spent building a website, and then … and then nothing happens!
- What are keywords? Simply put, keywords are the blood of the Internet. In my mind's eye, if links and back-links are like veins through the Internet that connect all content and pages, then pages are equivalent to flesh. Without keywords, your site is as dead, as a lifeless corpse, without a blood supply.
- Ask What Keywords Can Do for You? Put another way. Keywords are search terms, that actual people type into the search box, seeking information on a given topic or problem. You must use terms or keywords that people are actually using in their search process; otherwise, you are invisible. Here, Keywords give you visibility online.
- Internet Searches Relate to Keywords. Search Engines retrieve results, based on the words searched. Keywords are how your site is found online, by people through search engines
- Trends and Keywords go hand and hand. Current trends dictate a different way of marketing online. It is important to focus on relationships. Communication is vitally important, to building a responsive database. Speak to your niche. Grab Attention and Increase Conversions. Get Targeted Web Traffic. Use a platform that puts you in control, and projects the right image.