Social Media Marketing – What Do I Do To Just Get Started? 5 Tips For Your Social Media Success
Social media marketing is the use of technology so that people can connect on line. We can all benefit from being associated with groups and teams where we draw strength from each other. I know that I have made a number of friends on line that I have assisted in getting through a rough patch. Some instances where they were paying for a service and some not.
Where ever selling is happening so is social marketing, whether it be on line or not. If you are in business you are selling a product or service. Social media marketing affects selling and everybody can benefit, however some customers/clients will be more engaged than others.
- Be revolutionary, now is the time to test out new ideas and concepts. Five years from now the way we market could look very different than it does today and social media is definitely shaping what we do and how we do it. When you begin to test and sample all of these new ways of marketing you will be on the leading edge. It will also be easier for you to incorporate changes as they happen because you are jumping on the bandwagon now and learning and growing!
- When you start out in your business you started small, right? (unless you have big dollars backing you!) Starting with a single objective and just get going. The same concept applies to social marketing. You are not going to be able to learn everything you need to know in one day or even one month. Like many people you may start learning and decide that you don’t like “doing all this stuff”. However by then you will have learned enough to be able to outsource wisely.
- Get success under your belt and build from there. Nothing keeps you moving forward better than success
- You will need to be organized and thoughtful. Exactly what are you using social media marketing for? Take a look at what other people are doing in your field, do some research or talk to an expert to find out what programs and techniques will work best in your market. Find people in the same situation as you, people who understand what you are doing and learn from them.
- Once you get your momentum going you MUST keep building it. Social media marketing is about being consistent and reliable. Establish your presence on-line, whether you choose to be active in a number of different platforms or just a few will be a decision that you will have to make based on why you are using social media marketing in the first place.
Make friends, connections and take advantage of the dialogue that is happening on-line. You want to build relationships so that people will identify you as an expert in your field. Remember no one knows everything and you will always be an expert to someone.