Soccer Girls – 5 Reasons Muscle Building is Important For Female Soccer Players
Let us get one thing straight. Improving overall strength and power is equally important for female footballers as it is for males. And yes building muscle can be done with out building "bulk." So if you are a female soccer player or parent or coach of one, sit back and relax while you read this information.
There has been a gradual trend towards female soccer players doing more than just going to practice and then showing up to play games. In this day age with the opportunity to play an age up, at a higher level or even to secure a University scholarship, soccer skills alone just does not cut it. You must have strength, power and speed!
Now there is tendency for soccer coaches to lean towards a more athletic player. So let us take a closer look at why muscle building is important for female soccer players.
1. Size: An increase in muscle size allows the body to absorb more pounding in the game. This is not to be confused with building bulk. Female soccer players need to build some muscle size as a foundation to build strength. This will also help to create "tone" and give her an athletic look while avoiding the "body builder" physique.
2. Strength: Any muscle building program will create strength. This occurs in the muscles, tendon and bone. This also decreases the opportunity for osteoporosis later in life because of the adaptation bone makes in a well thought out strength training program.
This occurs naturally
3. Burn Fat: One of the benefits to building muscle is fat loss. A female soccer layer, no different than a male soccer player who carries excess weight in the form of fat tend to get tired quicker, are slower on the filed and get injured more often. Shedding even five pounds of fat can make a significant difference on the soccer field.
4. Confidence: A strong female soccer player carries a bit of a swagger or quiet confidence about her. Females that I have trained for strength in girls' soccer tend to be more aggressive on the soccer field because they "know" they have the strength to perform.
5. Recovery: building muscle allows for quicker recovery time from workouts, training and games. This is a natural progression from building muscle for size and strength.
This is something to consider for girls soccer for those female soccer players who are looking to take it to the next level in their soccer playing career.
In conclusion female soccer players who focus on muscle building as part of their soccer training benefit from increase muscle size, development of strength, burn body fat, improve self confidence / self esteem and recover quicker form workouts.