So What Is An Affiliate Marketing System?
When you decide to promote as an affiliate you have two distinct choices you can promote just for now without a website, hosting or domain by just finding a product with some ads and direct traffic to the merchants page and hopefully get commissions from any sales made. It might be unfair to suggest that no system is involved here, but this type of system it is not an affiliate marketing system for long-term growth and building a solid business. If you make commissions fine but what happened to all your traffic you sent to the merchants page, you need to find all new traffic every time you wish to promote.
So what might an affiliate marketing system look like?
1. Firstly, you would need to know where to find products to promote. Click bank would be a great place to start.
2. You would arrange hosting and purchase domain name
3. You would need to set up a squeeze page (Website) or hire some one to do this for you.
4. Provide some form of free offer, ebook, membership, report, video etc. You would either write your own ebook or report or have some one do this for you.
5. Set up a opt-in form on your squeeze page to collect names and addresses of your visitors.
6. Set up a auto responder service, possible aweber to manage the details collected from your site.
7. Write a email follow up sequence to promote your affiliate product to your subscribers
This might appear complicated especially if you are new to the internet, but there is good reason for setting up an affiliate marketing system like the one described above. In doing so you are not merely passing on traffic to your merchants site and losing those visitors you have worked so hard for, and this is also building your own assets, “yes” your own list to promote to in the future.
Failure to have some form of affiliate marketing system in place built around the concept of building your own list is like building the walls of an house without laying the foundations, in a short time the house would collapse as would your affiliate business. Lay those foundations from the beginning and continue to add to your long term structure, your major asset becomes your prospects, the one thing that all the major marketers just would not want to lose.