Set 30-40 Cold Market Appointments Per Week For Your MLM – Guaranteed Using This Script
In this article I am going to give you the EXACT script and technique I used to personally set 30-40 cold market 1 on 1 appointments per week!
I was only 19 when I started my very first network marketing business. Because I had relatively few contacts business or otherwise I was forced out into the cold market very early.
I’ve done some crazy stuff to build my business. I’ve done everything from buying leads, spending thousands of dollars on a subscription to Monster Jobs to call resumes, standing around at gas stations, paying people to stand around at colleges with clipboards to collect numbers, placing advertisements, getting kicked out of Starbucks & Barnes and Noble for pestering customers and finally my favorite method – cold calling business cards.
I am going to give you guys the exact process and script so that you too can set endless appointments. If you want to see this call in action live on YouTube just scroll down and read my signature.
I’m not going to put a lot of fluffer junk in here like “always remember to smile when making calls” or “stand up and be positive”. I’m going to get straight to the good stuff.
Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Collect business cards by either asking friends or getting someone to go into your target markets offices and just collecting them in person. For example when I was doing this I had my girlfriend go to all the real estate, mortgage and title companies in our city and collect business cards for a month straight. I had over 2,000 business cards to call!
2. Make yourself a very good follow up system. The fortunes in the follow up. Do NOT start making calls and diving into this without a great follow up and tracking system. I will have a video of this up very soon.
3. Always have your script, objection sheet and calendar in front of you.
OK here it is. The actual script that allowed me to set as many appointments as I wanted on demand. To some of you this may seem too simple and you’re right IT IS! That’s why its so effective.
Ring ring ring…
Prospect: Hi, this is Jim
Me: Hey Jim this is Jake Hyten, I have your business card here it was referred to me by a friend, you got a quick second?
Me: Well listen, my business partners and I are expanding a company out of the east coast here into California and we’re looking for business professionals to partner up with and are you still with ABC mortgage company?
Prospect: Yes I am.
Me: Ok, well outside of ABC do you keep your options open?
Me: Ok, do you live in the Rancho area? Good well I’ll be in that area tomorrow and Monday (always pick two consecutive days) how do you look tomorrow morning or does the afternoon typically work better for ya?
Prospect: Morning is good
Me: OK let’s see here, OK you know where that Starbucks is on the corner of Foothill and Haven is right? Let’s get together there at 9am for about 15 minutes, you can buy me a coffee (obviously in a kidding tone).
In the beginning you are going to get a lot of objections but gradually you will be able to overcome them and just set the appointment.
Notice a very important part in the above script. Almost every sentence of mine is a question. This is extremely important. We all know the person asking the questions controls the direction of the conversation.
Here are what your numbers should look like. In the very beginning from people that I have personally trained you should be able to set appointments with 30-40% of the people you talk to but once you get it down you should be able to set 80% with almost zero objections. Usually the only question I get is how I got their card. Extremely
1. Always sound relaxed like he is your buddy on the phone
2. Do not answer his questions with a direct answer. If he asks you a question answer it and follow it up with another question that brings the conversation back to where you want which is setting the appointment (you can see examples of this on my YouTube videos and myspace)
3. When you are in the part of the script where you are setting the appointment if you get asked questions always follow it up by re-closing for the appointment. Do not expect the prospect to just say “yes lets meet” you need to guide him to the appointment with your questions and statements.
Well guys although this is very simple it is very effective. If you aren’t afraid of the phone and are wiling to jump on and hear the no’s you will be on your way to setting as many appointments as you need!
The most important part is to just get started. Collect some junk business cards of people who you wouldn’t be nervous to call to practice on.