Running Out of Content Ideas For Your Business Blog? Here Are 5
Your business blog can be your most powerful lead generation tool, if done right. Use it to educate your target market about your industry, its challenges, and solutions to those challenges. It's important to engage with your prospects by providing information, but it's equally important not to aggressively sell your product or service through your blog.
The tone of your blog can not only be informative, it can be entertaining. The most pressing question, of course is coming up with enough ideas that will keep the attention of current readers as well as draw in new readers. Here are five suggestions:
1. Play off current industry events. If some of your clients are being affected by the latest events in your industry, be the first to discuss how your product or service can help them solve those problems. Set up a Google Alert with keywords that are relevant to your industry to get the latest info on what's going on, then build your post around each keyword. This approach accomplishes two things: it positions your organization as "in the know" about your industry, making you a subject matter expert in your field. Secondly, once your prospects and customers view you as an expert, they'll begin to have confidence in your offers. If they have confidence in your company, they're much more inclined to buy from you.
2. Use client testimonials. Whenever a client uses your product / service and achieves great success, ask them to write a testimonial you can post on your website. Then write a post based on their testimonial, explaining what their challenge was, and how your company helped solve their problems. Incorporate a video into your blog post, highlighting how your company specifically helped meet that customer's needs.
3. Give a behind-the-scenes look at exactly what your company does. Do not give away your secret formulas by any means. Try showing your readers how you design a product. For example, describe the steps you go through from market research to sales. A video is a great way to do this.
4. Write a series of posts. If you're writing about an issue that is fairly complex, break it down into several posts over a period of a week or two. This will entice your readers to visit your blog regularly to hear what you have to say.
5. Demonstrate the different ways your readers can use your product / service. A how-to list is a great way to succinctly show your readers how to get the most out of your product or service.