Reasons to Use Email Marketing
More and more businesses are turning to Email Marketing. In today’s economy, it is more important than ever to make sure that any advertising money spent results in good return. Email Marketing has been proven to be tremendously cost-effective and efficient.
Recent figures from the DMA (Direct Marketing Association) indicate that email marketing is now overtaking direct mail in terms of volume.
Regardless of the size of your business, you should consider using email marketing to begin reaching more prospects, attracting more business, and improving customer retention.
Here are a few of the top reasons your business should be using email marketing:
1) The Personal Touch: Email messages can be personalized to include the recipient’s name. When someone gets an email addressed directly to them, they are much more likely to open it.
2) The Fast Track: Direct mail campaigns can be very time consuming and quite complicated. Typically, a direct mail campaign can take weeks or months to execute. Then there is the added waiting for delivery via postal mail.
3) The Bottom Line: Postage makes up a significant portion of the overall cost of Direct mail. Then there is the added cost of printing the mailers and/or inserts. With email marketing, you don’t have postage costs and you don’t have the added paper and printing costs. The end result is that an email marketing campaign can be launched for pennies on the dollar as compared to a direct mail campaign.
4) The Results: Email marketing campaigns are easily tracked. When you can see exactly how many email messages were opened and how many email messages were clicked on, you are able to quickly gather test results and make changes to improve your response rate.
5) The Value Of Relationships: Email marketing is a great way to stay in touch with existing customers. This enables you to build stronger relationships and increase up-sell opportunities.
In today’s economic and business climate, it is important for businesses to be able to adapt quickly. The ability to quickly plan and execute campaigns allows businesses to track and improve ROI quickly and efficiently.