Realtor Marketing Strategies – 5 Reasons Why Real Estate Agents Need to Blog
Blogging is a concept that started in late 1990’s. What started as a single-sentence commentary has evolved into pages of personal take on just about anything and everything under the sun – including Real Estate. As it continues to move forward, online advertising has tapped into the blog’s potential. Here are 5 reasons why you should use blogging as one of your Realtor Marketing Tools.
1. It is the simplest way to get your expertise on the net. No skills are necessary. Well, an average adult can read and type, or at least click a mouse. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just write your ideas, experiences, new homes for sale, and hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and encourages your readers to come and see you. If you have a PC and an Internet connection (who doesn’t?) then you can blog and advertise.
2. Blogging has an authentic element. In this day and age where advertising saturates our lives, we question the credibility of promoters’ claims. However, in blogs, real people can share their real estate experiences, uncluttered by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first hand testimonials of people who have used you as their Real Estate Agent can be very powerful.
3. Blogging is inexpensive. Because blogging is yet to be proven as a mainstream media, most sites see it as something of an add-on to their main site. But, any opportunity for getting your message out to the masses is definitely the bonus. In today’s market you can be blogging in minutes for as little as $20 per month. What’s really cool – depending on the blog host – you can set up multiple blogs with the same subscription.
4. Blogging can make you the expert. As you get more and more into writing your experiences on a particular niche in our industry, your readers come to realize that they can depend on you to get their information needs met. And guess what – YOU become the expert in that niche. Then more readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your blogs. More traffic = More Conversions = More Money to you as a Real Estate Professional.
5. Blogging builds market share. Unless you are a rock-star or someone famous, chances are, only your Mom reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends, so she lets her friends know how interesting your blog site is. But you need not depend on Mom to increase your readership base. Blogging is very versatile in that there are many ways to build and increase your market share. Here’s one way that I personally just blogged about – “Using RSS to Build Readership.” RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication. Knowing how to use RSS can be very powerful – just think of “The Seinfeld Episodes,” kind of like that but different.
Give your Real Estate Business a boost by effectively using blogging as a Realtor Marketing Tool. I cover more topics like this also in my latest ezine called “RE-Blogger – Blogging Tips For Real Estate Agents.” You can get it at my site.