Real Estate Tips: Staging Homes For Sale
Most sellers know that it is important for their house to look its best to stand out amidst all of the homes for sale. No matter how many marble countertops and double sinks you install, your house still needs to be staged to sell. So what exactly is staging? Staging is essentially setting up your house to remove all personal touches and making it look like a space that could appeal to any homebuyer. Potential buyers do not want to see or feel you in the space. They want to see a blank canvas that could work for them. You do not want empty rooms, however, as people need to see the potential of a space. Sound confusing? It's really not! Read on for some simple staging tips and see how fast your home sells!
In The Kitchen
– Remove all appliances and clutter from counters. They should be completely clear. While you're at it, make sure your appliances are as clean as possible.
– Clear out your dishes. Leave behind one set of matching dishes in your cabinets or cupboard and display them neatly. This allows buyers to see how open the space is and how they can utilize the storage.
– Clean out cabinets and the fridge, as well. Again, you want your kitchen to look as neat as possible so buyers can really see all the space.
– Create a welcoming ambiance. Have the table set with plates, napkins, and seasonable décor. Some real estate agents even suggest baking cookies for the delicious, homey smell it lends to your home.
In The Living Room
– Remove items from shelving and other surface areas. This also includes pictures hanging from the walls. Buyers need to be able to picture their own families in homes for sale, and lots of personal mementos make that difficult.
– Make sure the carpet is clean. This is one of the first things people check for.
– Arrange your furniture so that it highlights the best features in the room. Get rid of pieces that will not make sense to someone else. If you have a ton of furniture, it might be a good idea to put some in storage so that visitors can really get a sense of the room's space.
– Place fresh flowers in a vase on the coffee table or side table. This is a small detail that can really make a space feel like home.
In The Bathroom
– Get rid of all the products in the shower and on tops of counters.
– Clean out medicine cabinets.
– Replace rollers on sliding doors. This is a cheap fix, and will make a difference when viewers try to enter the shower to look in.
– Invest in a new set of towels for showings. This makes the bathroom seem well decorated and organized.
In The Bedrooms
– Clear off dresser tops and nightstands. Again, you do not want personal items displayed.
– Keep your closet as empty as possible. Visitors will want to imagine how many of their items they could fit in there.
– Invest in new linens. The idea is for your room to feel like a nice hotel room.
– Make sure the windows are clean.
Staging is simple and makes a big difference when you are trying to make your property stand out among the hundreds of homes for sale in any particular market. Follow just a few of these tips, and you'll notice a big change in how potential buyers react to your home!