Practical Article Marketing Tips – Can You Turn Your Resource Box Into a Prospect and Profit Box?
Article Marketing is a great way to bring in prospects and profits.
The key is in writing a great quality article that leads to the Resource Box, often called the Author Bio, and inviting the reader to take the next step with you.
Let’s take a closer look at 3 things to never do and 3 things to always do when creating a prospect and profit pulling Resource Box.
3 Things to Never Do
1. All About You – The biggest mistake I see people make is creating a resource box that is all about them. This is not your “virtual ego wall” folks! This is all about the prospect and what is in it for them.
2. You First – Closely related to the first mistake, when you begin the Resource Box with information about you, it’s as if you are shouting at your prospect “The Article is Now Over and You Can Go Away!” Not really the outcome you want, right?
3. Go for the Sale – Would you ask someone to marry you on the first date? Not likely, but that is what I see many people try to do. For most prospects it is just too big a leap to go from reading an article to making a purchase.
3 Things to Always Do
1. Focus on the Prospect – The Resource Box needs to be all about the prospect and what is in it for them. Here’s the question to always ask yourself “After reading this article, what would I want to know next?” Once you identify the next step in information you want to
2. Extend an Invitation – Invite your prospect to get some more free information from you in exchange your their email address. Use “invitational language” and do not try to shove it down their throat.
3. Prepare a Place – You want to make sure that whatever page you send them to, whether on your web site or blog, is a great place to go and delivers on your promise. This is your prospect’s first impression of you outside of a brief article, and you want to make it a valuable experience that will keep them coming back for more.