Network Marketing – Home Party Tips and Ideas
Home parties have been around well over 50 years now. Network marketing distributors invite their friends and family over to view the products and share refreshments. I’d like to share several ideas for hosting a home party.
1. Keep it simple. The first time I had a home party in my house, my upline came and did the party. She actually used note cards. She explained that guests were watching her. Reading from note cards is a simple activity that most anyone can do.
2. Plan out your refreshments. I often like to serve a main course salad and then a few other dishes. Since so many guests come right from work or come without having dinner, I like to provide a light meal whenever possible. If you sell kitchen or food products, make sure you use all company products in whatever you serve.
3. Meet with your host early on and then follow up regularly with her. During your first meeting, provide some catalogs so your host can begin to collect orders. Show your host what she’ll be receiving for hosting the party and get a feel for what she hopes to earn through the sales of the party.
4. Consider sending the invitations yourself. This is done for a few reasons. First of all, you’ll have contact information on the hosts’ friends and you can follow up with a thank you note for attending, future catalogs and sales information. Also, if you send out the invitations yourself, you’ll know exactly how many people were invited and when the invitations went in the mail.
5. Put together packets for each guest. Include a catalog, an order sheet, a writing utensil and any product information you’d like the guests to see.
6. Prepare party only specials. One of my favorite ideas is to put together a bundle package that can only be purchased through you and only at the party. Just take two products and bundle them together for a lower price than if they were purchased separately.
7. Shower your host with gifts. These can be small gifts, samples or demonstration products. Make it appealing to those in attendance to host a party for you.
8. Plan out a few games. There are lists of party games you can find online. Choose a few that fit the theme of the party you’re hosting.
9. Plan for the presentation to go no more than 30-45 minutes. Then allow another 15-30 minutes for order taking and eating.
10. Leave the party open a few days after the actual party to accept outside orders. Let your host know that she still has a few days to collect orders.
The ideas for hosting a home party are endless. These are just ten ideas for a smooth and successful party. Be creative. Use your imagination. Have a wonderful party!