My Quick Start Guide To List Building
My Quick Start Guide To Email List Building: I frequently hear the question from my students, "Do you have some sort of blueprint we can use to build an email list?"
- There has never been a more opportune time for the average person to create security for themselves than right now on the internet. Never. It is a time of dreams coming true. Why not yours?
- A cold hard fact that comes out of Google research is that the average person buying from a website has to come back an average of 7 times before buying even if the prices are excellent and everything else is exactly what they were looking for when they began their web search. If you have not succeeded yet online without addressing this gigantic problem, it is not your fault!
- The internet is a swamp of get rich quick gurus, shell games and smoke screens. Things are made to seem horribly complicated or impossible without someone's new, shiny product. It seems that you have to be a rocket scientist before your efforts can bear fruit. This can only lead to fear and confusion on your part. As a matter of fact, it amazes me that some of us can still succeed despite all the noise out there.
- If all of the above has left you fearful, confused, anxious and more than a little bit hesitant, take it easy. Relax and take a deep breath. We are about to take aim at all those enemies of your dreams, blow away the smoke and show you a clear path to success.
First, let's start with a short story of how the average visit takes place on the internet.
Let's say Shirley in Nebraska is looking for a walker for her aging dad. She goes to her favorite search engine and enters the term "walkers" into the search box. Instantly, her screen fills up with 10 or so website links and descriptions.
Statistically, she will click on one of the top 3 links. Let's assume that you have experience in dealing with the elderly, that you enjoy helping them and that you have created a site catering to their many needs. One of them is walking devices. You have done your homework and your site is the one she has clicked on.
Shirley lands on your page on walking accessories for the elderly. She quickly sees that you have taken the time to build a great page on walking assist devices and still you have pages devoted to:
- Special bedding.
- Devices to help them get into and out of bed.
- Elderly nutrition
- Electric scooters for those that can not walk at all
- Many other highly related subjects.
Shirley is amazed. She knows she has discovered an information gold mine. The information is exactly what she has been looking for and your information covers many other things she had not thought of.
She looks over the page on walkers and finds one that would be a perfect match for her dad. The price is excellent. She also sees that it would be shipped from a very reputable company.
She will probably bookmark your page and leave. The dreaded 7 visit average that Google research discovered has just returned its ugly head.
You look at your numbers and see that almost no one is buying the site that you have worked so hard to make information rich and helpful. A cold, icy depression sets in. You wonder what you are doing wrong.
Let's change the above story, but this time you have incorporated a system of email list building that will turn the tide in your favor.
Shirley goes to your excellent site and sees right away that you give lots of excellent, highly relevant and valuable information. She sees time reading about all the walkers you have on display and just naturally saunters over to read your pages on elder nutrition and so forth.
After a while, she has decided that one particular walker is perfect for her dad and that she will come back another time to buy it. As she is about to leave, she sees a box that offers her a free weekly newsletter for those that cater to the elderly.
If she is willing to part with her email address, you will give her a free report on coming issues for the elderly. She is interested so enter her email address and leaves.
She has just given you the key to her wallet! How sweet is that? If she does not trust you enough right now to buy, she has just given you permission to visit her through her inbox every week. In no time, she will develop a trust in you, she will buy that walker through your site and many other things for her father in the months and years ahead.
It's all about trust and email list building is all about doing that.