Make Money Online With Internet Marketing – The MOST Powerful Word You Can Use
The single-most powerful word any marketer can use is the word 'free'.
For a long time now, 'free' has proven time and time again to be the strongest, most important word in marketing.
A lot of marketers do use the word 'free', but not often enough when it creates such an emotional response in people.
My advice to you is that you can never use the word 'free' enough. Use it everywhere you can – in sales letters, brochures, emails, advertisments, landing pages – anywhere you can use this word, use it. No word gets more attention.
Every time you use it correctly, sales will explode!
It always surprises me when I see that even experienced marketers do not seem to be using this word often enough!
Here are some examples of ways I have used the word 'free' with incredible results. If you are already using some of these methods, and I'm sure a lot of you are, then you are very much on the right track, but there may be quite a few that you have not thought of as yet …
1. Free Trial – From the customer's perspective, there will always be an element of fear when purchasing a product from an unknown company. Offering a free trial of your product eliminates this fear, allowing the customer to test the product before they buy it.
2. Free Sample – Again, providing a free sample of your product will do wonders for your business. A free e-book, for example, allows a customer to see the quality of your products and will vastly increase the chances that they will purchase from you.
3. Free Gift – Who does not like a free gift? We all like a little something thrown in, even down to extra chips from the takeaway, so let your customers know that they will receive an added extra, or extras, with your product. However, make sure it's a good quality product. Do not just send anything simply to 'sweeten the deal', you'll lose credibility fast if your customers think that you've thrown just anything in for the sake of it.
4. Free Bonus – This works well as a 'free gift' for a quick response to your call to action. For example, advise your customers that they will receive a free bonus for purchasing your product before a certain date.
5. Free Money – I'm not talking hundreds of pounds, but literally any amount of free money contributions people's attention! Imagine if you received an envelope saying "free money enclosed" – you would open it. It attracts attention and you can use it to suggest the amount of money your customers can earn from their relationship with your company.
6. Free Information – This works with both landing pages, online and offline marketing. It's all about lead generation. If someone provides you with their email address or postal address and requests for your free information, send it to them in your chosen form, whether it be e-book, CD, manual, etc and you can then send them further information about your products . It builds up your relationship with the customer.
7. Buy One, Get One Free – A very powerful offer, similar to the free gift or free bonus. The only difference is that the perception from the customer's point of view is that, for example, they are receiving two £ 50.00 items for the price of one. We've all seen the BOGOF offers and we all buy them due to the pull of the offer. A quick hint though – a "buy one, get one free" offer works much better than a "50% off" offer – simply as a result of the use of the word 'free'!
8. First Month Free – If you are selling a course or membership site, offering a free month's membership will pull many more customers. It has been proven that many customers joining a membership program continue making payments for at least a year so, the more customers you pull initially, the more money you make in the long term.
9. Free Consultation – This works very well if you are selling a coaching program or as a bonus from a live event, for example a seminar. Again, it works on perceived value and, providing that you know your field well, can be very valuable to both yourself and your customers. This could take the form of an hour-long telephone consultation, an email consultation, one to one or via a medium such as Skype. If people think they are getting your valuable time for nothing, they will jump at the chance.
10. Free Newsletter – This works very well on a landing page in particular. Share your expert views with people. The more you speak to them, the more your relationship with them is built and the more likely they are to purchase from you when you send them product offers.
These are just a brief selection of the vast array of possible uses of the word 'free'. When used correctly, your sales will literally go through the roof! Try some of them and see.