Make Money From Home – Five Simple Ways
If you want to make money from home then you've made a wise choice. You may have made a choice that will involve some investment and some learning curves. With the price of gas as high as it is and the job market changing so rapidly, working from home looks like a logical choice.
Some advantages of working from home include scheduling your own hours, saving money on travel expenses such as gas, tax charges that come with owning your own business, and the chance to make more money then you would be working hourly.
I've worked from my home since I was 19 years old and honestly I do not know how to do anything else. I love it even if I've had some ups and downs that I would not have received from a steady paycheck.
Here are 5 ways you can start a home based business.
1. eBay. eBay is the world's largest garage sale. You can sell anything on eBay. From car parts to shoes. Lots of stuff sells. The disadvantage of selling on eBay is having to come up with inventory to sell out of pocket if you do not have it already. There is a learning curve like anything else. eBay should only be one avenue of selling stuff. But it can be a great place to make a name for yourself.
2. Freelance work. Websites such as freelance.com and elance.com create amazing opportunities for anyone to work from home. You can write articles or post on forums. If you have some more advanced skills you can do webdesign or document preparation, etc. This is competitive so be prepared. But once you find someone who likes your work you can continue working for them for a long time.
3. Transcription work. Doctors, lawyers and business professionals all document their information. There is a huge need for people to take care of this task for them. If you are outgoing and can establish relationships with people in your area, then you can make some decent money doing this.
4. Inventing or licensing. Do you have a brilliant idea? Maybe inventing something is just what you should be doing. You may have the next best idea such as a blanket with sleeves. The disadvantages to inventing is that you may have to sit and test and retest your idea. Companies are always on the lookout for these ideas so make sure your idea solves their problems, not just yours.
5. Affiliate marketing. One advantage to affiliate marketing is that you do not have to invent products. You can sell other people's products and make a commission from it. Just make sure you are getting paid high enough a commission to cover your advertising expenses and your time. It's personally my favorite way of making a living from home because you can do it from anywhere. There is also no overhead or inventory expenses. You can make as much as you want and you can make money on autopilot while you do other things. The disadvantage is also the advantage, competition. Your competition will help you sell products because people go through a buying process and your competition may only be showing them the same products the first time.