Make Money by Affiliate Marketing
The guru scam artist empties your pockets with promises of grandeur. He tells you how he was lost and left dying in the "desert of life" but was revived by a bearded old man who whispered "the secret of life" in his ear and then disappeared. Revived by the old stranger, he married a trophy wife, bought a new Lamborghini and Porch and bought homes in Malibu, Hawaii and Scotland. While enjoys his life of splendor, he holds you upside down to shake the money out of your pockets.
The guru is often lying through his teeth. Some actually are still down and out.
Yes, you can make money by affiliate marketing but you must decide that it is a business, not a get-rich-quick scheme. You need training.
If you were going to start a storefront business, how would you go about it? Would not you go to your local Chamber of Commerce and ask for help? Would not you attend the free business start-up class at a nearby junior college that they told you about? Would not you look for help from your state government? Would you not ask other business men and women about starting your business? Would not you talk to a banker? Would not you go to the SBA website and use the module to create your business plan?
You would but your guru would tell you this is not required because he has a step-by-step way for you to get rich and it is free, then you add $ 39.00 and then $ 389.00 and then you get special tutoring for $ 997.00. At the end when you give up or wise up, you are broke. In fact, you are in the "desert of life" that that the guru used to suck you into his sales funnel.
Briefly, here are the Steps to Affiliate Marketing:
1. You look into your mind and see what lurks there that can help you start a business, your passions, your interest, your talents, your knowledge. If you do not have passion for what you are doing, you will not stick with it because affiliate marketing takes a lot of work.
2. You look for a market within a large market called a niche market. You become a member of this market and work from within the market. If you do not, you will be an outsider. Who will trust and believe you when you promote a product or service? The answer is, hardly anybody. So you join forums and make contacts and contribute to the community until they trust and know you. And of course, you stay there.
Now if you are not willing to do the first two steps, then forget affiliate marketing. Your heart is not in it. Get a newspaper route.
3. You provide relevant information to your niche. You find out what they are looking for and you provide it. I'm talking about page content on your new website. I'm talking about your postings on your blog. Folks on the Internet are looking for certain information. You need to provide it.
4. You join affiliate programs or create your own products or services and you tell your readers about them, you rate them, you compare them, you actually use them so that you can recommend them. You do not sell them. Usually your vendors have pages that do that written by professional copy writers. It is the vendor's job to sell. It is your job to promote.
5. Now you must bring traffic to your site. Here is the rule: No Traffic = No Income! So you have to learn how to attract readers to your site by SEO, email marketing, social marketing, article writing, posting your blog, writing pages for your blog and other methods such as adding ads to newsletters from other publishers. (Yes, you will be a publisher.)
Now, I have not really told you anything here. My objective is to get you on the right track for success so that you can make money by affiliate marketing.
You need special training but not from a guru!