Make Extra Money Online – Create Your Free Site
Exploring Google Sites
Now that you have a Google Account and have discovered what you can do with Google Sites, it's time to dig in and start exploring. It is easy to use. If you've ever used a word processor, you already know the basics to making the most of Internet Pages.
This chapter explains how to log into and begin creating and editing your very own website. You'll find out how the basic tools work and be on your way to building a useful, powerful site. We also cover how to open other webpages that your team has invited you to collaborate on.
Opening Your Sites
Getting into Google Sites is just like logging into any other Website. After you log in, you can begin creating new sites or edit sites that already exist. When you're ready to create a new page or open your existing websites, open your Web browser and log into Google Sites by doing one of the following:
– Google Account users: Go to sites (dot) google (dot) com and enter your login name and password in the Sign In box on the right side of the screen. Then click the Sign In button.
– Google Apps users: Go to sites (dot) google (dot) com / a / yourdomain (dot) com and enter your username and password in the Sign In box on the left side of the screen. Then click Sign In.
Google Apps users can also access Websites from the Google Apps dashboard. Log into
www (dot) google (dot) com / a / yourdomain (dot) com and click the Sites link.
The first time you log in, you see a big blue Create a Site button. If you've been invited to join a site by a friend or coworker, you're taken directly to the Google Websites Home, which lists all your pages along with those you've been invited to participate on.
Navigating your Google Sites Home
The Home screen, lists all the websites that you have access to. These include sites you own, sites you collaborate on, and sites you can view. From the Google Sites Home, you can search your sites,
create a new site, or open an existing site. Here are the basic options available on the Google Sites Home:
– Search Sites: Type a word or phrase in the Search textbox and click the Search button. Your results appear in a list.
– Create New Site: Click this button to create a new website. We show you how to set one up in the next section.
– My Sites: Click the site name link in this list to view or edit your site.
Note: Unless you've already created a website, you may not see any links in this list the first time you log in.