List Building – How to Generate Leads Using eBay in 5 Simple Steps
eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace. Millions of people buy and sell good through eBay everyday. So if you are surprised how you can generate leads from eBay, I will tell you how if you follow these 5 simple steps.
The fundamental idea is to offer a product to sell on eBay. You could offer it literally at $1. but whether people buy it or not, you can use the offer to generate leads. Here’s how.
1. Create an eBay account: Go to the eBay site and create a free account for yourself. Within your account, there is an about me page which you need to write carefully.
2. Generate opt-in box code: You will need an auto-responder to generate this. if you are already using one, use that. Else you can use GetResponse or AWeber or any other of your choice. The code that it generate, you will need to add it to the about me page on e-bay. You might want to add in a free gift offer in exchange for the email id and name of the prospect.
3. Create your eBay ad: Use any HTML editor to create a nice web page for your ad. Make two parts to this page. The first part should be the free offer that you have put in the opt-in box. Link this offer to the about me page on e-bay. The second part should be the actual product you are selling. This can be a simple info product like “how to lose weight in 30 days” or “how to make $10000 in 15 days using Forex”. Information products and how to guides are very popular products on eBay. When you are adding your ad to eBay, add it under the right category.
4. Run the ad for 30 days: This might cost you a little but within 30 days you will be able to generate a lot of leads. It all depends on how attractive you have made the title and the body of your ad. For uploading the ad to e-bay you can use software like Turbolister which is available on e-bay itself.
5. Set up your auto-responder series: Your info product can be a 7 day course or a 5 day series of informative tips on the subject of your choice. When people opt-in for your free course, you need to send them that course. So it is better to get it prepared in advance and set it up in the auto-responder.
That’s it. you will start generating leads from this set up. I suggest you try different versions of ads and run them for 30 days each and see which ones give you better results.