Lead Generation – The Basics and Questions You Need to Ask
When setting up an online lead generation system it's important to have a simple plan and not complicate the process. Basically you are looking to promote your offer or small business by driving traffic to an email opt-in box or to a telephone number.
In this article I'm going to be referring to the email opt in versus the phone, although the tactics are essentially the same. The opt-in email is the preferred process for capturing online leads but you can also drive traffic with offline methods too.
5 Questions to ask yourself before you get started with the lead capture process:
1. Who are you looking to capture? Research and review your demographics so you can best target your prospects. By knowing who your prospect is supposed to make the capture process much easier. The best analogy I can give you is like knowing when and where the fish are biting.
2. What are you going to say to your prospects on the lead capture page and opt in email sequence? Put a lot of thought into the crafting of your headlines, bullets and copy so they attract the right people. The more refined your copy is, the better responses you should receive.
3. How are you going to capture your leads? There are various versions of opt in pages, ranging from a short opt ??in box to a squeeze page and landing page to lengthy-sales pages and letters. Make sure to design your campaigns and capture pages around your business model. Some businesses need to tell a long story while others just need a short story to get the points across to their prospects.
4. Where are you going to promote your business? In other words, which methods of traffic are you going to use to test your opt in process? If you're on a really low budget, blogging and social media are two ways to test your opt in pages. On the other hand if you have a budget to work with, then consider using pay-per-click, banner or ezine ads. And always remember to go where your prospects hang out.
5. Why should the prospect opt ??in and sign up for your offer? What reason (s) are you giving him or her to want to exchange their email with you? Why should the individual trust you? Answers these questions while crafting your lead capture pages, emails and correspondence, because they will make the difference between a successful campaign and mediocre one.
Generating online leads for your small business is an on-going process so make sure to take your time, cover all your bases and answer the questions above.