Kids Learn to Blog – Parent and Teacher Tips
Students who have started blogging may find that they have a lot of interest in it. And some might pursue it as a career or want to earn pocket money by blogging. They have a natural ability and interest in creating blogs. Parents and teachers can help enhance this talent.
These days parents and teachers are recognizing their kids learning potential, writing style, reflection and critical analysis of work. There are a few ways that teachers and parents can encourage kids who are interested in blogging. They are:
- Teachers can include blogging as part of class activities. They can create a class blog for students. It is an exciting way to enhance the student’s ability to blog.
- They should encourage students to think deeper about topics for blogging. And give them ideas to enhance their knowledge.
- Blogs are a medium that gives students possession of their own type of learning. It gives opportunities for them to get their voice heard. So parents should encourage them to write blogs and be creative in their thoughts.
- Parents should discuss blogs with their children and give them their opinion about the writing style or topic selected. It will make your child feel better and more confident. You can also be their best critic and best encourager.
- Teachers can comment on blogs and encourage students to do the same. This will make them write for perfection. The connection made through comments from someone else who reads their blog post will make their learning more significant and appropriate.
- Teachers can encourage their students to write for school blogs. These days students reach new people more online. They can also write for their school magazine.
- If schools conduct competitions related to blogging, students having an interest to create blogs or write post, can showcase their talent. Competition always enhances the ability to do things perfectly.
- Teachers should teach their students about the use of proper language, spelling, grammar and punctuation in their blog posts.
- You can give kids various random topics to write about on their blogs so that they become experts in writing any kind of content.
- Teach them about various tools that can be used while blogging. These tools make blogging interesting as well as very easy. If the designing is done properly, they can fill it with appropriate content.
- Visit sites that teach and provide students with information about blogging. It is important to first check who is in charge of the sites. Look for a qualified educator who is familiar with the legal and security issues of the Internet for students.