Internet Poker Strategy for Sit and Go's
Internet poker strategy better be adhered to or you will be a constantly losing player. Many people play online poker simply for the reason of entertainment. They have no idea what online poker tournament strategy to use nor they care. They enjoy the social interaction and the mental stimulation they receive. These are the type of opponents you want to play against. You play for the reason of profit, you want to make money and could care less for social interaction. You want to crush your opponents and take their hard earn cash from them.
In order for you to proliferate at online poker you need to have a solid strategy. Here are six tips you can use to crush online sit and go's and add money to your bankroll, using these internet poker strategy tips.
- Stay in position – It's the most critical part of playing online poker. You need to play in position. Having position on your opponents and having the chance to acter is very important. You need to play most of your hands in position so you can act after all your opponents.
- You only want to play certain hands out of position. Hands like AA, KK, QQ and maybe AK. The later position is the looser you play. I will routinely raise in late position with connected cards and suited two gappers like 9-7 and 5-7.
- Play AK correctly. I see this all the time online. If you raise in early position with AK and pick up four callers and miss the flop, you are done with your hand. I see a lot poker players misplay AK. If you do not flop well to it, give it up. I also see a lot of players willing to call all in preflop with hands like AK and AQ. Do not employ this internet poker strategy. See th the flop and hopefully you improve your hand.
- Play your blinds well – The money you ante up in the blinds is not yours. Get over it, stop playing trash in the blinds. I know it's nice when you flop top pair out of the blinds, but ir's easy to go broke when someone is slow playing a big hand, which happens a lot online.
- Steal the blinds – The more players who get knocked out the more you need to steal the blinds. I stick to the 8 big blind rule. When I become short on chips and the table has been whittled down to five or less players. I always shove all my chips in the middles. I do this for mutliple reasons, but mainly because I know players want to get into the top three. The top three is where the money is at and players will get tight and will not want to waste chips.
- Stay aggressive – Raise without trapping. The shorter the table, the more you raise. I can not stress this enough. It's why you play late position aggressively. Players will raise with Ace rag, but will not want to call a reraise with those types of hands.
I hope these tips help your online poker tournament strategy. Take your game to another level and be aggressive. Be smart and savvy and stay in position.