Internet Marketing: Tips On Being Productive
Working online is great but it can be difficult to stay on top of everything and to keep on track. In this article I am going to share some tips on how you can be more productive.
You need to be organized and that might mean using some planning software or a diary so that you know what you need to do.
Some of us are not naturally organized and therefore this presences a problem when working online.
- Use mind mapping software to plan – Xmind is free to download.
- Create your own business blueprint so that you know what your system is.
- Get a diary and use it for your work only.
- Plan each week in advance and only work on what is in your diary.
In order to understand if you have been productive you need to analyze what you have achieved so far. Having a goal and knowing what you are aiming for will be critical in knowing whether you are on track or not.
- At the end of each week analyze what you have achieved from your diary and then write your next weeks tasks into your diary.
- Make sure that your tasks are in line with your goal and will enable you to reach it.
Knowing Your Weaknesses
We all get distracted even when we have a diary of tasks to implement. Knowing what your own weaknesses are in terms of distractions is important for you to come up with a way to remove them.
- What distracts you daily? Every time you notice you are no longer working on your business write down the thing that you're doing – the distraction AND the time.
- Do this for a week and you will begin to see a pattern. There may be certain times of the day when you are more susceptible to distraction. It may be around lunch time or during the afternoon when you are low in energy.
- Keep water available to drink throughout the day so that you stay hydrated.
Having just one thing to focus on helps to improve productivity. If you focus on 3 tasks at once you will actually take longer.
Therefore make sure that you focus on one thing at a time and do not move on until that specific item has been completed.
- Define the one thing that needs to be done in order to complete your task.
- Only work on that one thing until it is finished.