Internet Marketing Strategies to Stay Ahead of Your Competition
Internet marketing is one of the fastest growing online sectors and least understood. If done strategically, it gives you exposure throughout the Internet for your products and services and will deliver a high rate of return for your efforts. However, since there are so many moving parts that you might not know what to do first, second, and so forth – I have developed an Internet Marketing 101 Checklist:
1. Search Engine Optimization of Content: Content is where it all begins. It engages the visitor and makes them react (buy, read more, bookmark, navigate, etc.). Make certain it is easy to read for people and for search engines to index and rank.
2. Create New Relevant, Keyword Rich Content: Once your website is optimized, you need to be proactive in producing more and more relevant keyword rich content. Again, all content must be relevant to searches and optimized.
3. Utilize a Pay Per Click Campaign: Paying for traffic (visitors click on your online ads) is search engine advertising. You bid for keywords that are related to your products and services which you promote in your website content. It is one of the fastest ways to drive traffic if you are not well ranked on the free or organic side of the search engines.
4. Article Marketing: Writing articles and them more articles is an effective way to drive traffic to your site, position you as an expert in your field, help create more incoming links, and keep your rankings up on the search engines. Once written, articles should be submitted to directories, online PR publishers, and RSS feeds. Every article should be published on your website in an articles or resources page with a bookmark button.
5. Social Media Networking: Face it, we are social creatures. The social media networking explosion is an extension of our egos or ourselves. Just think Facebook or MySpace. Of course there are many networking vehicles you should have a profile on to deliver more information to hungry readers. It is not just for friend to friend interaction. Companies are taking it to the next level and business is being conducted through this social media.
6. Create and Maintain a Blog: Because the online consumer is more in control of what they read and decide, companies must connect with them on a more personal emotional level. In essence, develop an online personality. Humanize your products and services and blog about their direct features and benefits, peppered with testimonials. And the more you blog, the more content is created about you.
7. Video Marketing: With the growing popularity of video, people are more responsive to it than to simple audio or static web pages. Now there are even Internet Television websites where you can post your videos. Having video on your website and placing it on directories will bring your offerings to life and create a greater click through rate.
8. Web Widget Marketing: Widgets are small icons that reside in HTML and highlight specific content from your website. They have the ability to quickly introduce products and services to their target markets. They can reside on websites or blogs, ready to be downloaded to a desktop with a click and are a new marketing technique to build brand awareness.
9. Mobile Marketing: This will take a little time to develop, but it is good to prepare for the next web wave. Websites will emerge that can be easily accessed and read by mobile devices. Your website will in essence be a mobile advert.
10. Email Marketing Strategy: Continue to develop an online relationship with you visitors through continued email marketing campaigns and to grow your online client base. You want to engage your list with relevant content – newsletters, special offers, and information to enhance their lives. Email marketing is still alive and well as long as it is permission based. Customers will continue to look forward to your communications and doing business with you.
Implementing These Strategies: Following these 10 Internet marketing strategies will help you stay ahead of your competition and position you to succeed online.