Internet Marketing Essentials – Seven Things You Should Know
One of the biggest “rookie” mistakes of people new to this industry is that they jump in, head first, without fully understanding the Internet marketing essentials. These essentials represent some of the foundations that, when adopted, lay the foundation for Internet marketing success.
According to the Direct Selling Association, there were almost 63 million people selling directly to the public across the globe. While this huge number does not represent the actual number of those inhabiting the Internet marketing landscape, it is a good ballpark figure for establishing its overall size. With this in mind, it is easy to see why so many Internet Marketers have a hard time being heard above their competition.
For those who want to establish an Internet marketing company that is successful from early on, there are a few essentials to understand. Below are seven statements veteran Internet marketers accept as true-isms and guiding principles.
1. You will work harder than you ever thought you would. While the Direct Selling Association notes that only 12% of Internet marketers work more than 20 hours per week, they do not tell you that small percentage are the ones with the greatest income potential. This is especially true when first starting your business.
2. Do not go it alone. While you can start an Internet marketing company on your own, it is not recommended. There are so many different things to know and learn and great tips to be shared. You will not be as successful if you do not seek out an Internet marketing system and a mentor to help you maximize your efforts.
3. You are the product. As an Internet marketer, you are selling your expertise in Internet marketing. The top folks understand this and leverage it by creating their own personal brand. People align with you because they trust what you are saying and like your approach.
4. The Internet Web search tool is not the only technology you need to learn. Take time to learn the tools of the Internet marketing trade and bone up on leveraging Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs, viral videos, social media etc. Many of these tools are easy to use and free for you. The more you know, the greater your visibility.
5. You need a home office. While this does not need to be some major addition to your home, you need a quiet, dedicated place to work and think as an Internet marketer. And a laptop tossed on the dining room table does not cut it. Keep work and “life” separate to the extent you can.
6. It does not take years to grow substantial wealth. In traditional business, it can take five years or more to reach a point of profitability. Internet marketing can yield enormous profits in just a few months. The trick is to work with an Internet marketing industry expert and implement a great, time-tested Internet marketing system.
7. It does not need to cost a fortune. Some of the most successful Internet marketers started their businesses with little more than their computers and mobile phones. It is not essential to spend thousands on leads, products and technologies to be successful. Start small and invest in your Internet marketing business as profits allow.
The Internet marketing essentials shared here will (hopefully) provide the framework you need to get started and dispel a few myths. Internet marketing is an industry full of people who want to convince you they have the secrets to your success. What they do not tell you is that you can build substantial wealth with common sense and a little elbow grease.