Internet Marketing Articles – Article Writing and Submission
Internet marketing articles are a great way to promote your business. Most internet marketers write articles and submit them to directories, social bookmarking sites and ezines. These sites then distribute the articles all over the internet, thus providing unlimited exposure to your product and website.
There is a science to both writing and distributing internet marketing articles. This is one of the first lessons every internet marketer learns. There is a lot to learn about article writing and distribution and you will always learn new ways. People are constantly trying to improve their tactics and discovering new ways to use their strategies to gain search engine ranking.
There are certain ways to structure your internet marketing articles that are more effective:
1. Keyword research tools. Before writing an article it is necessary to do keyword research. There are many tools that can help you, such as the Google keyword tool, Micro Niche Finder, Wordtracker, and others. Google keyword tool is free, the other two have a price tag.
2. Keyword competition. Try to find keywords which have a fair amount of search results, and a low amount of competition. This means that you want to find keywords that there are a lot of people searching for, and that there is a comparatively low number of websites that offer information on that keyword, so that your article will have a chance to rank high in the search engines.
If your keyword has too much competition it is very hard to get your article to be on the first page of Google, which is where you want it to be. Most people, when they are searching on the search engines, do not get past the first page. So in order to get exposure to your website and product, this is your aim.
3. Keyword usage. There is a certain way to use your keywords inside your article, which the search engines favor. Insert your keyword in your title. Insert your keyword in the first line of the body of your article, and in the first line of the last paragraph of your article. Sprinkle the keyword through the article, at no more than a 2 percent rate of the amount of words in the article. In other words, for a 600 word article, the keyword should not be used more than 12 times. Make sure the article reads well.
4. Article summary. Write a summary of your article and include your keyword in the first sentence. This summary is the blurb that usually appears when you are searching, right under the title of your search item. It tells your reader what the article is about. It should be informative and pull your reader into your article. It is important to make your summary inviting, as it will be competing against the other summaries on the search engine results.
5. Article structure. Once you have your keyword, there are ways to make your internet marketing article more appealing to the reader. The use of numbers, bullets and headlines within your article makes your article easier to read and makes it stand out. Short paragraphs is also favored, as it is easier on the eyes of the reader.
6. Article content. Write articles between 500 to 800 words. “Content is king”. Give as much content as possible. If you fill your article with fluff, people will see right through it, and you will not get results. You will probably get a bad reputation as well. You need to be informed about what you are writing and offer solutions that will help people.
7. Author resource box. Write an author resource box for your internet marketing article which includes your product promotion as well as your blog or website. This is going to be your call to action, to bring readers where you want them to go. So be specific and tell them exactly where you want them to click and the action that you want them to take. Some article directories only allow links in the author resource box, and do not allow links in the body of your article. Check the guidelines for each directory.
Submit your internet marketing articles to the top article submission directories, social bookmarking sites, and ezines:
1. Article directories. I usually submit to the following article directories: Website-Articles.net, EzineArticles, and GoArticles. These are considered the best directories for the most exposure to your articles to be picked up by the search engines. Again, each directory has different guidelines, so check their guidelines before submitting.
2. Social bookmarking sites. I also submit to social bookmarking sites, such as Delicious, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg, Technorati. By submitting to these sites, other internet marketers will find your articles and publish them on their own blogs, if they find them informative enough. This gives a lot of exposure to your articles. They always have to publish your author box and leave your links intact, so you are receiving free exposure through other people that want to use your articles.
3. Ezines. And I submit my internet marketing articles to ezines. Ezines are newsletters that people subscribe to. They are people who are interested in the information. Ezines have thousands of subscribers. So by submitting to ezines in the internet marketing niche, which is my niche, I get exposure to thousands of people who are already interested in this area.
As you can see, internet marketing articles require many elements that you should apply in order to get the best results. It might seem like a lot, but it becomes very easy once you start applying all the above steps.