Internet Marketing – A Powerful Tool
The term Internet marketing is a well known medium for businesses in today's scenario. It is also known as I-marketing, website marketing, online marketing, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or e-Marketing. It is the technique related to the marketing of products or services over the Internet. It includes different terms to optimize any business like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Optimization (SMO), E-mail Marketing etc. Internet marketing seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of search engine optimization, paid placement, advertising, and paid inclusion etc.
Today the Internet becomes an important medium for almost every person to find the things of their need whether it is a homely item, any service or anything else. Via internet you can find million of options to choose a better one that suits your needs. The most appropriate thing about the internet is that it gives instant response to the user for any query. Internet has a broader area of ??use around this like emails, social networking etc. Internet marketing combines all aspects of the internet ie creative as well as technical aspects of the Internet, including: design, development, hosting, and promotion.
Basic needs of Internet Marketing:
Internet marketing has some basics needs. Some of the terms are as following:
1. You must choose a proper domain name for your website as it is the first thing that reflects the nature of your business. It must be as small as possible and easy to spell and remember. Try to include your most important keywords in your domain name important keywords. As if you have a web related business like website designing, development and all then it must include your keywords.
2. Title tag is an important Meta tag so you must take special care to use title tag in your website. Try including your important keywords in your title tag as for most of the search engines title tag is a clearing tag for the website.
3. Includes Title tag two other most important Meta tags are Keyword and Description meta tags. All the Meta tags must be used properly for any website to have a good position in any SERPs.
4. Do not try to hide your identity and contact information from your customers. It seems to be fraud to the customers and they will never opt for your product. So clearly mention your contact name as your full address and telephone number for your customers to reach you easily.
5. You must be well aware of the needs of your customers and try your level best to offer the best services to your customers. Provide them quality offers with best services.
6. Your website must have all the important information related to your products, services, terms and conditions for your business. It must have a professional look. It will take some time for new customers to believe on you and to start opting you for their needs. So be patient.
7. Your website must be visible on the search engines. If your website will not be visible than no one can know about your business. So your website must be optimized for the search engines. For this you need search engine optimization. This can be performed by a SEO specialist.
Some of the advantages of Internet Marketing are as follows:
1. It is a reliably inexpensive with respect to many offline processes of business promotion.
2. Any offline process of marketing targets only a specific region while in Internet marketing the target audience is worldwide.
3. It is a fast process and can reach to the target audience fast then via any other medium.
4. With the help of Internet Marketing it is easy to determine the market trends and the needs of customer easily.
5. There are different tools to measure the performance of any business website quickly.
6. You can easily know the feedback of your product from customer's point of view and can enhance the quality of your products or services.
Along with these advantages Internet marketing has some limitations also. It requires customers to use the newer technologies ie online sources in place of traditional media options. For any website having more data it becomes a cause of problem for low speed internet connections to acquire the whole information about the website fast and easily. Although Internet is a well known source of information but still it is not within reach of everyone.