Internet Marketing – 7 Tips For Wannabee Internet Article Marketers
Article marketing is a free and relatively easy method of online promotion so it is no wonder lots of online businesses use it. However many offline and some online business are yet to get started marketing using articles.
If you are considering article marketing to promote your online or offline business then this article is for you.
Here are a few things to consider before you give article writing a go.
1. Are you going to write the articles yourself? Do you have the time in your busy schedule?
Article writing is a skill you need to master and it can take time to learn how to write good articles. Bear in mind that there are plenty of freelance article writers available that can write you some decent articles very cheaply.
2. Are you going to use article marketing to get more traffic to your website or for some other reason? Maybe you just want your main website to rank higher and to use articles for search engine optimization or to get more back links.
3. To get people to read your articles you must be able to write about interesting stuff and not the same old boring stuff. You need to take ideas and write about them in a different refreshing manner. Remember the more interesting you can make your articles the more people are likely to read them.
4. Finding good titles for articles is not always easy and I seem to think of them at odd moments. Keep a pencil and paper beside your bed at night to write them down before you forget them. Create a file on your desktop called “headlines” and add any titles as you think of them to it so that you can use them for future articles.
5. Submitting to lots of directories is time consuming and it is better just to concentrate on the top dozen or so high ranking directories instead. It will take you less time and you will not get that much exposure by submitting to hundreds of directories.
6. Create yourself a simple spreadsheet so that you have a strategy for submitting to directories and book marking your articles. You can also use a submission service but as a beginner I suggest manually submitting articles so that you know what is required. You will then know if your submission service, if you decide to use one later, is doing it’s job well for you.
7. Consider creating some free Web 2.0 sites such as Squidoo, HubPages, Yola, live journal to name a few, to get more exposure to your articles and website. The more people see your articles the more they will begin to see you as an expert in your niche.