Internet Marketing 123 – The 7 Keys to Success
Internet advertising business models are endless. I am going to focus on the following:
1. Sell and or advertise someone else's product.
2. Build a website specifically for the purpose of selling advertising space for your or others product.
Sell ??and or advertise someone else's product
You are paid a commission for every product you sell for the company you choose to market for. How does this work? You create advertising that your prospective clients will see. When they click your AD for the product, they are sent directly to the sellers SELL page. One model is called being an Affiliate. It is the same as being paid a commission in the physical brick and mortar world.
1. Research the product you want to promote. Be sure to promote quality products. I ALWAYS buy the product I am promoting ahead of time. Is this required? No. Speaking for myself, that has proved more profitable for me in the end. I only promote products I would or do use myself. Remember you are a sales person, know thy product and know it well.
2. Think of an appropriate domain name
3. Create a FREE account with an affiliate marketing processor like clickbank © This is how the proprietor or seller of the product you are advertising for knows who to give credit for the sale. This is how you get paid your commission.
4. Register a domain name for ten dollars or less. Park it, set it to forward to the SELL page of the product you are promoting. I personally use 1 and 1 © hosting services for buying domain names. I have tried more than ten of the major hosting companies for this purpose and 1 and 1 simply has the most intuitive process for registering a name. You can register a domain name with them in less than 6 minutes.
5. Go the extra mile. You can also take it a step further if you like. Create an actual web page that your prospect customer will land on. Again, I use 1 and 1 for creating product promotion web pages. They have intuitive wizards and templates to build your site. You can create a basic page in 20 minutes or less for $ 4 dollars per month they will host it. They even have FREE hosting if you prefer. Remember you get what you pay for the end of the day.
Once the prospective client is on your site, it is up to you as to how you want to pre-sell them further before they go on to the main SELL page of the product you are advertising.
Selling advertising space on your site:
Concept: The goal with this model is to drive people to your site. The term you likely heard by now, "drive traffic". This is your first challenge.
1. Register a domain name
2. Choose a web hosting company
3. Build a website
4.Devise a technique to drive traffic to your site,
5. Place relevant advertising for products that the people visiting your site "should" be interested in. There are many dozen of major web advertising companies that will help you put dynamic advertising on your web page for FREE. Google Ad sense © is the largest and some argu the most cost effective. It is also the easiest that I have come across to use and setup. You are simply paid when someone clicks on an add that Google © placed for you. READ that again. Once you set it up, you do nothing more than collect money from Google © per click.
Site promotion Basics
1. Post a summary article or eBook summarizing your site on ezinearticles.com and other sites like it. Ezine gets the most traffic.
2. Buy your own pay per click advertising. I use Google AdWords ©. You only pay when someone clicks the ad bringing them to your site. You write the advertising your customers will see. You set the limit on how much you are willing to spend. I find that even 5 dollars can bring significant numbers of people to my sites.
3. Do some good old fashion grass roots advertising. Window flyers, business cards, lawn signs, give away items. Sounds antiquated, but it is effective.
There are many dozen of other ways to advertise your site that you will discover below.
Principals and keys to success:
1. Do your research. The more information you have the stronger your advantage over the competition. Remind yourself of this when you come up with a great idea but then realize lots of other people (sites) are already doing it. Remember the first bullet. Quality. Can you improve on what the competition is doing or offering? Very commonly in most niches there is room for significant improvement.
2. The "virtual" Internet world follows same basic laws of capitalism as the world of physical products.
3. Quality sells; but more importantly quality product will sell repeatedly
4. Quality traffic to your site is key
5. Wise investing of your advertising dollars is very important. You will get free advertising dollars when you create a site with an internet host like 1 and 1. When you get good at this you can reasonably expect to turn $ 50 of advertising with Google's ad vehicles alone into $ 1000 or more in sales
6. You do not need to be the 801 pound gorilla in your category or niche and you do not have to have the least expensive product. It helps to have the best one, but even if you do not, you will make sales.
7. You need only an incredibly small fraction of 1% of the Internet market to be profitable in this business. The fact the Internet is so vast and visited by so many millions every hour makes the sky the limit for motivated Internet advertisers like us. I can not quote the growth rate of the Internet. Look it up while you do your research if you need any motivation to get started NOW.
Remember that being seen is the name of the game when you advertise online.
Where to find FREE how-to's on this topic online?
Basic internet searches. You will find nuggets here and there but as you know by now, the majority are simply other people selling products by using one of the two categories you just learned about above. Again you will find nuggets. You found this useful did you not? This page is but a small nugget.
Ebooks. Free ones and ones you pay for. If you are considering buying one, just make sure the information contained will be worth it to you. eBooks can be outdated and you may not realize it. Not until you take the time to try what they teach you.
Physical books I have read and like both the Idiots and Dummies books on Internet advertising. Just be aware that even a book written this year, is already out of date the day it is published.
Paid membership sites:
I have found these to be by far the greatest source of relevant, timely, tried and true methods and strategies available today. My time is worth a fair amount of money these days. Paid membership sites, the good ones, offer focused, organized information that is easy to absorb and will give you immediately actionable results that directly maximize your profits.