Increase Blog Traffic – 5 Tips to Get Your Blog Posts Pulling in More Readership
You can increase blog traffic by including a few easy to follow tips while writing blog posts. Some of these you might already be doing, and seeing some success. Below are a few tips I've discovered to boost traffic to my blog. Hope you find them helpful …
1. Use keywords the right way – Yep, I'm not just telling you to use keywords. I'm telling you to use them the right way. What do I mean by that? Simple, find keywords people are actually typing into the search engines to look for information about your niche.
2. Write content people are looking for – OK, this goes right back to the correct use of keywords. There are people looking for information, or are looking for answers to questions. And it's a good idea to do some research to find out the phrases people are typing in Google to find answers.
3. Include a call to Action – A call to action is requesting the reader to perform some action. Such as clicking on a link for more information, social bookmark the post, signing up for a teleseminar, joining your list or even ordering a product. You almost always want to ask your readers to do something after reading your posts. It will increase traffic, readership and interactivity.
4. Share the link love – It's an important SEO strategy to link out to other blogs. It shows you are involved and keeping up with the events in your niche. It also brings into the play the law of reciprocity. Linking out is sharing or moving page rank to the site receiving the link. Every blogger likes to get inbound links from legitimate websites because it improves their search engine rankings.
5. Write headlines that do not suck – Many people believe your headline is the most important part of your blog post. And I'm a firm believer in this universal truth. A powerful headline will draw in more readers by grabbing their attention. They will feel compelled to check out what you have written.