Important Things You Need to Know About Koi Pond Building
Among prettiest aquatic fauna, Koi fish are members of the ornamental species of lovely Japanese fish, Carp or common carp. This species is also known as Cyprinus Carpio. The Japanese have been taming these attractive fish for a long time and they are believed to be symbols of friendship, love and good fortune. Koi pond building can also be an artistic expression of ornamental design. There are, however, practical considerations that need to be kept in mind!
With time and advent of great technologies the tradition grows all across the world for people to tame these striking fish. This leisure pursuit was combined with a desire for beautiful backyards / gardens.
Here, it has become the hottest gardening today. No modern garden is complete without a Koi pond. Koi ponds are believed to be a wonderful relaxation tool. After spending an exhausting or stressful day, everyone wants an opportunity to relax. Nothing is more relaxing than passing time your beautiful garden and feeding pretty Koi fish.
If you too are tempted with the idea but do not know how to build a Koi pond … scroll down and learn some of the most important things you need to know about Koi pond building-
· The first guidelines on Koi pond building deals with a decision on some of the most important parts of the pond. This includes includes size, area, design and number of fish that you want to keep in your pond.
· You also need to understand the key to keeping your Koi healthy in the pond. Your pond will need to be be deer than a gold fish pond or regular water garden. Normally the water garden and Gold Fish ponds are smaller than the Koi Fish pond. Koi grow very fast and become quite large. Therefore they need more room to maintain a good water quality. A standard Koi pond is always deeper and larger than other types of garden ponds. The minimum depth should be not less than 3 'and if you increase it more, it will be better for the health of your lovely pet.
· A good Koi pond is always made above the ground level, as it ensures a complete protection of the fishes that are inside the pond. On average, people keep the edge of the pond minimum 6 inches above the ground while professional Koi keepers keep the height at least 18 inches.
· The filtration need is another important part of Koi pond building. Koi fish are among the most delicious fauna on the planet and they can not cope with non-filtered water. Here, Koi ponds should always be filled with clean water. People use many different types of biofilters to provide a clean water to their pets. These biofilters are available in different sizes and ranges. Do your studying and be sure choose the right type and size for your pond.
· Knowledge of perfect water chemistry is also considered extremely important. You need to know how to test your water daily and make adjustments to keep the water chemistry stable.
Building a Koi pond is not too much of an ordeal apart from digging the pond area. Just make sure to keep all the most important components in mind when you undertake Koi pond building!