Importance of a Blog
Blogs or web logs are a relatively new form of digital communication tool that is being extensively used by freelancers to get their freelance projects noticed by the rest of the world. The platform has a world wide reach & provides a freelancer with the much needed visibility, making it easier for them to harness its power to their advantage. Starting a blog is a simple process. Follow the steps mentioned below and you will be good to go.
• Join any of the free blogging services provided by websites like, Blogspot, WordPress etc.
• Select a domain name for your blog.
• Look for a place to host your blog. (Most Blogging services like Blogspot, WordPress provide the hosting services for free).
• Register yourself with the service provider & activate your blog account.
• Once you get your account activated you can easily personalize your blog with themes & backgrounds at no extra cost. The choices are endless and you can also customize by uploading your personal themes and background images.
There are so many reasons why one would go through so much pain of starting a blog. Some are listed below.
• As a freelancer working on freelance projects, blog will provide you with the much needed web presence. The cost of starting a website is quite high and therefore for beginners it’s a good idea to start with a blog.
• Blogs give you much needed visibility, making sure that you’ll be seen by the right people. It’s the easiest way to get any freelancing project.
• Blogs can be used to showcase and advertise your talent. It’s very similar to doing word of mouth publicity & can be used as an effective means of networking with people around the world.
• Blog can be used as a medium to showcase your portfolio to your clients. You could simply link your blog to your official website or even add a page of your portfolio to your blog.
As a freelancer, working on temporary freelancing project, blogs effectively reflect your work profile. It must be anecdotic and expressive towards your services. Pertinent content, snappy title and use of images are the secrets of a winning blog.