Ideas For Affiliates
1. The best blogging platform in terms of SEO is WordPress. However, WordPress does not allow commercial content – you can still use WordPress's software but you need to host the blog yourself.
2. If you're not prepared to pay for web hosting then Blogger is a good alternative.
3. For the best WordPress themes Google best WordPress themes.
4. Search for the following WordPress plugins to improve the optimization of your blog: all in one SEO pack, ultimate tag warrior, related entries, SEO title tags, sitemap generator, antisocial, wpbacklinks, add meta tags and WordPress SEO master.
Targeting appropriate keywords and keyword research tools
5. Understand the keyword buying cycle: ie browse keywords eg. digital camera, compare keywords eg. best samsung digital cameras, buy keywords eg. buy Samsung 240D digital camera.
6. Target compare and buy keywords. Target brands, makes and model numbers.
7. Keyword spying tools show you which keywords other advertisers are using and how long they are running their ads for. The idea being that if an ad runs for a long time then the affiliate is surely making money.
8. Research the following keyword spying tools Affiliate Elite, Spyfu and Hexatrack.
Optimize your web pages for search engine rankings
9. On page optimization is far less important than off page optimization. However make sure you include your keyword in the title tag, description tag, keyword tag and sprinkle the keyword through your web page.
10. For search engine optimization purposes, research how competitive a web page (rather than a website) is by seeing how many backlinks go to that exact webpage at online-utility.org. The more backlinks the harder it will be to rank in the top 10 for that keyword.
11. Learn about no follow and do follow and make sure the out going links on your web pages, where appropriate, are no-follow.
12. Get backlinks from high page rank do follow web 2.0 sites.
13. Make sure the anchor text in your backlinks contains your targeted keywords.
14. For the ultimate way to research how to outrank your competitors consider SEO Elite.
Promote your web pages
15. Promote your web pages by submitting articles to the top article marketing directories. Search for best article directories at Google.
16. Promote your web pages by submitting press releases at PR Web.
17. Promote your website by submitting to directories. The most important are the Yahoo directory and DMOZ.
18. Promote your website by posting comments on blogs. Install the SEO toolbar for Firefox to see whether the blog comments will pass page rank.
19. There are hundreds of other ways to promote your web pages. Focus on excelling at one.
Increase conversion rates
20. You'll know what to focus on if you track where your affiliate sales are coming from.
21. Cloak your affiliate links. Research cloak links at Google.
22. Understand the difference between selling and preselling. Preselling increases conversion rates by 5-10 times.