How To Start A Blog And Make Money
You have seen it in movies and on TV and in the news: people selling their blogs, making them into books, making them into movies, and in general just making money off the internet through blogging. And now you are interested too! This article will give you the real lowdown on how to make money blogging
First, it is important to understand that all internet marketing systems follow three simple steps.
- Find a product to sell
- Create your web presence (e.g. blog)
- Drive web site traffic to your online site or presence
Just about every internet marketing model follows these three steps. Granted there are many ways to follow these three steps, but knowing from the start that these are the three steps to accomplish helps you keep the big picture in mind as you put your head down to start your online business.
Now when it comes to making money blogging, there are two ways general ways to do it: sell a niche product (e.g. dog training ebook) or sell yourself as a product. In either case you are starting a blog to be your online presence. If you are selling a niche type product we would call that a Niche Blog or Product Blog. If you are selling yourself, then we would call that a Personal Blog. Both blogging models can fit right into the above three step system
Personal Blog. Here is how your three steps would pan out:
- Find something to blog about. This could be a specific niche (e.g. dog training), or it could be many different niches: whatever you want to express your opinion about. One day it could be about various high definition TVs, the next day it could be about baby
- Write your blog post. Writing blog posts consistently, say every 4 to 7 days, will build up a great web presence
- Drive traffic to your blog. You could have the best blog in the world, but people need to know how to find it. This involves the art of backlink building. There are many ways to build backlinks and you want to utilize a wide variety of them.
Niche Blog System and the three internet marketing steps:
- Pick a product you want to sell (e.g. dog training manual), OR pick a niche you are interested in (e.g. dog training) and you can pick the products later
- Blog about topics in your niche which builds your online presence.
- Drive traffic to your blog site. This involves backlink building, similar to what was discussed above. The more links and the wider variety of links the better. Plus if you can get links from sites specific to your niche, that will be powerful too
Whether you create a Personal Blog or a Niche Blog, once you get going and get readers it is fairly easy to make money. In other words, the more traffic, the more money. You can place ad banners on your blog, place Google AdSense ads on your blog, and affiliate product links on your blog. Plus, with each blog post you can probably find an affiliate product or link related to that blog post. The products will vary for Personal Blogs since your topics will vary. For a Niche Blog you can specialize and continue to plug the same product (e.g. your favorite dog training manual for a dog training blog).
And that is really all there is to it. Simple? Yes of course it is. Easy? Well, it takes time and can even be quite tedious to build up a business. But this is a system followed by many people to make money online with blogging. I hope that has piqued your curiosity and has helped you realize how it is actually rather simple to make money on the internet, make money online, and make money blogging. And that now you too are thinking about all the possibilities for yourself when you start a blog.