How to Set Up an Affiliate Marketing Business
Setting up an affiliate marketing business does not take that much in terms of getting started. In fact anyone with a computer and internet access can start an affiliate marketing business. What does it take to get started? These are the basic steps.
1. You will need to set up a website. This means registering a domain name and finding a hosting company (ex HostGator). You will need to pay a small fee to get this started, but it is minimal.
2. You will need to design your webpage. Some affiliate marketing vendors will provide information for links and banners that you can use on your website.
Something to think about when designing your website is don’t try to sell anything. The vendor has a sales page for that. What I would do is tell a story about the product. Tell a story about your experience with the product and make it sincere. You will not do yourself any justice by making false claims.
3. Once your website is ready to go you will need to direct traffic there. The best way to start to do this is by writing articles. Write information about the niche for the product you are trying to promote. In doing this you will attract people who are already potentially interested in the product. What you want is for them to clickthrough to your website and from there to clickthrough to the sales page and buy the product. If they do buy the product you earn a commission and that is how you earn money.
4. You need to realize that only a very small percentage of people who go to your website will actually buy the product you are promoting (less than 5%). This means that to make a good income you need to have a lot of traffic coming to your website.
5. This is where you need patience. It is going to take time to get a lot of volume to your website. Take time and write articles some of them will attract more people than others. Look at what is in those ones and focus on writing more like them. Start by writing 20 articles in which you might see 1 sale a week. Just keep adding to them. The quicker you add to them the quicker you will see an increase in the volume of traffic to your website.
6. If you are really committed to increasing traffic to your website quickly and have extra funds available you could always hire a ghostwriter. You will need to be careful about this though and make sure they know specifically what you are looking for so that you get the maximum benefit. I would suggest that you write at least the first 50 articles yourself so that you will learn what works and what doesn’t. You will also learn what you want and how to describe to someone else what you want.
Taking your time to follow these steps can help you to set up a very successful affiliate marketing business, that will eventually provide you with a steady income.