How To Really Make Money Online in 2011
A lot of people are trying to make money online these days. For many, it is a way of supplementing their regular income. For some others, they feel that they do not have a choice. This group of people need regular income, but they are either unable to secure paid employment, have just been laid off from one, or have special circumstances that preclude them from obtaining regular paid employment.
In all of the cases mentioned above, there is the need to secure regular cash inflows, or income to pay bills and meet other obligations.
In addition to all the categories mentioned above, there is the select club of people who make 100% of their income, online, through the internet. In this group, we have people who consistently make 5-6 Figures yearly, some even monthly.
Whatever group our online adventurers fall into, the common theme among them is a desire or need to make money through the "non-conventional" method of working from home and generating income independently through the Internet.
However, it appears that is where the similarities end! Surveys after surveys conducted some online income enthusiasts have disclosed that of the throngs of people that are trying to make money online, less than 10% of them have ever generated any income online up to $ 100. The vast majority (> 90%) just seems to continuously struggle (and fail) in their multiple attempts to make money online.
What is the cause of this (alarming) trend? There are a number of reasons for this including:
- Many people who attempt to make money online treat their online venture as a hobby. As a result, they do not have any plan and they just use "hit or miss" techniques that do not deliver results. In the end, they are frustrated. This is what happens when you are just randomly looking for what might work and you do not have a clear purpose.
- Another reason is a lack of the proper mindset. People approach their online venture with the "Get Rich Quick" mentality due to all the bogus promises that abound all over the Web. When they then attempt something for the first time, and they do not get the result they desire, they feel disappointed and give up. What such people do not realize is that as with any other type of activity, you learn from your mistakes and you get better with time and multiple attempts.
- People are perpetually looking for free stuff (freebies). However it is a fact of life that if you do not work (or pay) for something you do not appreciate it. If someone is promising you something for nothing, be wary as it might be a ploy to sell you something later. There is always a price tag, even if all the person wants from you is your personal details such as email address and / or phone number. To generate income online, you have to either pay with your time or with your cash. There are no freebies out there that are worth the effort of constantly seeking them. These are just a few reasons why people fail to make money online.
So what do you really need to do to make money online?
- Find just one money making skill and master it thoroughly! This may sound very simplistic, but it is accurate. Whatever skill it is: Whether it is article writing, list building or building websites for profit. Pick one skill and master it very well and then find ways of monetizing it.
- The next step after you have mastered this one skill, and you have started making money from it is to take it up another notch by finding a proven mentor. This mentor must be very experienced in the Internet Marketing business, and will be willing to strategically teach you how to start generating a consistent income that can actually replace your main source of income.
After successfully going through the first two steps above you can then repeat the cycle again by picking another money making skill, monetizing it, and applying the techniques that were taught you by your mentor to multiply your income. This way, you can start opening up multiple streams of income at will.