How To Never Lose Money Using Paid Classified Ads
You are going to read something never seen before.
A practical lesson on how to never lose money using small classified ads.
I like classified ads. Why?
1) You can start with beer money
2) They offer great value.
For £: $ 100 you can place an ad in a national paper with circulation 3.6 million.
3) It beats licking stamps.
Beliefs You Must Hold Before You Attempt To Make Money With Classified Ads
1) All life is speculation.
All ads are speculation; there are no guarantees.
2) Milk your winners
3) If it does not work the first time; forget it.
Approach The Game Like A Futures Trader, Someone Who Bets On The Direction Of Commodity Prices
1) Have a starting bank (an ad budget) for your project, ex; 5000 pounds / dollars.
2) Bet 2% of this bank (up to 150 pounds, dollars, euros) on one reclassified.
Most Classified Ads Are Quick In And Out Jobs
Remember the rules above.
1) Did your ad lose money? If so move on to another publication.
2) Did your ad return ad cost? Humm, not good enough. Run the same ad in different media.
3) Did your ad make money? How much money ?.
If returns are double ad cost, take half and run the same ad again in the same media.
(An ad which returns double ad costs is an successful ad)
If more than double ad cost keep half and place a larger ad in the same publication.
Do this until the ad no longer pulls. Then move on.
Copy writing gurus tell you brilliant classified ad copy is all you need to make tons of money.
In the real world success with classified ads is about limiting losses.
The major listen to'experts' and place their hopes on making a fortune form one ad.
So they place too large a bet on one ad.
When It fails to pull they get upset and give up.
Yet the rules tell you there are no guarantees.
Classified ads, is an odds game just like futures trading.
Place small bets until you find a publication which makes you money.
Swing the bat often enough and you will hit a home run.
In my experience;
When you place an ad in a paper the first time, the rates they say is the rate you pay.
Haggling comes after you run your first ad.
And they want more of your money.
The ball's in your court now.
Ads are charged;
per column centimetre.
Larry Hite, futures trader interviewed in that great book, 'Market Wizards' says it best.
"I have two basic rules about winning in trading as well as in life.
1) If you do not bet you can not win
2) If you lose all your chips you can not bet "
Follow the rules here and you will succeed in classified ad marketing while the majority fail.