How to Draw Traffic to Your Website – More Steps
Web site traffic refers to the number of times your site is viewed by the users.
It is the most important point to be made for the success of your online business.
Steps to increase the site traffic:
STEP 1: Submit Your Site to Search Engines:
Major Search Engines:
Yahoo, Google, AOL Search, AltaVista, Ask Jeeves, Direct Hit, Excite, FAST Search, HotBot, Inktomi, LookSmart, Lycos, MSN Search, Netscape Search
• Manually Submission:
If you want to submit by hand, be aware that each Search Engine has it’s own set of rules for determining relevancy and ranking.
• Paid Submission:
Where you have to pay to be listed.
Good Submission Sites:
STEP 2: Update Information:
Put fresh content and update the existing content of your website.
STEP 3: Pay for clicks:
Receive targeted pay per click traffic from all major search engines. People will see your site in the sponsored links section of the search results when they search for keyword phrases related to your products or services.
Major pay- per- click search engines:
- Overture- from yahoo: content.overture.com/d
- AdWords- from google: adwords.google.com
- Search 123: search123.com
- FindWhat: Findwhat.com
- Enhance Interactive: (formerly ah-ha.com) http://www.enhance.com
- Kanoodle: kanoodle.com
STEP 4: Get published:
Write articles for publication on other websites. The author profile will link to your site.
STEP 5: Publish yourself:
Write articles for your own site regularly.
STEP 6: Get links to your site: (link exchange)
Get people with other sites to link to yours. Links lead to clicks onto your website and help to improve your search engine rankings.
STEP 7: Classified Ads:
These are generally simple text line ads, advertising a product or service. All your classified ad needs to do is to get a visitor to your web site. Your web site becomes your sales letter!
The Grandfather Of All Links FREE Advertising Directory which has over 10,000 + places to advertise for free. Contact them at: [ecki.com]
STEP 8: More steps:
- Buy links to your site: Buy text links on other websites.
- Buy banner ads: Buy banner ads on other websites.
- Participate in a banner exchange program: It won’t cost you anything, and will lead to a few extra visitors.
- Set up an affiliate marketing program: With affiliate marketing, you can either pay per click or pay per customer acquired.
- Use off-line marketing: Do anything and everything to spread the word about your website around your city.
- Give away free stuff: Offer free information or/and free downloads and update them regularly.
- Auctions: Sell your product online using one or more of these auctions: [ebay.com], [ubid.com]