How to Create a Facebook Page For Your Online Business
Creating a Facebook page for your online business is important. The popularity of Facebook has increased to the point that it is more or less expected for you to have a Facebook page for your online business. Here are the steps you need to complete to make your page work for you and to become an important lead generation tool as well as an important piece of your overall online marketing strategy.
1. Choose the name for your page. You want it to reflect the name of your business as well as yourself. You may even want to consider using your own name as a part of the name of your Facebook page. Choose wisely since you can not change the name later.
2. Choose an appropriate and captivating image. You may want to hire a graphic designer to create it or you may be able to use one you already have. Your image needs to fit in well with the content of your page and with what you are offering. If your name is in the title of your Facebook page, then you want to consider using a picture of yourself.
3. Take the time to complete all of the information fields for your page. Include your phone number, website, email address, open hours and more.
4. Go to the applications section and add a FBML tab or an iframes tab. Use this tab to create a welcome landing page that only those who land on your page who do not yet like your page will see. Include some catchy graphics, a headline, a sub-headline and an opt-in box with a spelling offer. This is important in order for you to use your Facebook page to capture leads for your online business.
5. Think about the different kinds of content you will offer on your page and then create a posting calendar and stick to it. Include things such as videos, articles, blog posts, free reports and ebooks and free drawings.
6. Interact with your fans and encourage them to interact with you. Ask questions and answer questions.
Always be thinking of new ways to make your page effective and to increase the value your page brings to your fans.