How To Build A Successful Online Business – Build A List!
How to build a successful online business…Start learning how to build a list.
The process of list-building can be a daunting task, if you don’t know where to start.
Just take a moment and give this a thought…How would you like the gratification of being your own boss?…Or the ability to work where you want- when you want…
How would you like to have your own online business, that makes money for years and years to come? Sound good?
Before continuing, there’s a couple of points I want to make. This is something that must be completely understood, so make sure you read them over a few times.
In The World Of Internet Marketing:
- Having a product is NOT a business…
- Having a website is NOT a business…
- A business is CUSTOMERS! – (YOUR LIST)
I know that may sound like I’m stating the obvious, but you would be surprised how many times it is overlooked.
In this article I want to give you tips on how to build a successful online business, and build a list by using a basic opt-in box on a simple one page website – (squeeze page)…
Let me start off by saying about 97% of people with an online business try selling immediately. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when trying to create lasting relationships with potential customers.
Establishing a good relationship can lead to higher sales conversions, since people will be much more comfortable buying from someone they trust.
Building a list in my opinion is the most important element of any online business. A list is a collection of names and email addresses in exchange for something – FREE.
By collecting this contact information, you can eventually send marketing attempts – to try and generate revenue from your list (monetizing)…
Keep in mind, that your goal is not just to obtain several names, email addresses, or phone numbers. The main goal of list building is to provide VALUE…
In doing this, you maintain that lasting relationship with the people who sign up. Offering value in your marketing campaign will greatly increase motivation in your potential customers, by drawing their interest towards your topic of discussion…Get them excited!… And keep them wanting more.
To build a successful online business in this fast pace world we live in… Be creative! When starting out, the more creative you can be by putting yourself and your personality into it, the more successful you’ll be at building a list.
Here Are Some Basic Tips:
Create a one page website – (squeeze page).
- This can be created FREE,with software like Kompozer – or you may choose to pay someone else to make it for you.
- Most importantly, make sure your site has an opt-in box, so when a visitor finds interest in what you have to offer they can sign up.
Give something away for FREE.
- This can be among a number of things..An e-Book, a newsletter, some sort of discount, a gift, just about anything you can think of…But remember, VALUE!..
Promote your site.
- This can be accomplished by posting in forums, using email signatures, classified ads, social networking sites, etc. All of these can be done for FREE.
- There are also several paid promotional methods that you may want to try. If your budget is tight, don’t worry, many of the free methods work as good if not better than the paid ones.
Market related products.
- Once you have accumulated a list, you will want to begin marketing related products to them.
- This is done by sending emails to you subscribers (your list).
- I like using AWeber, which is an email marketing service that gives you the code to put subscription forms on your websites (opt-in box).
- AWeber tracks your subscribers, and enables you to create campaigns that can generate, personalize, and send out emails according to your specifications.
Let your list choose to stay.
- Always let subscribers know they can unsubscribe at any time, quickly and easily (this makes them feel they’re not trapped).
- Make your list feels comfortable, by communicating to them in a way they will become to know and trust you.