How to Build a Customer List
When you are in marketing any kind of business you need a list of customers to offer your product or services to. If you are just starting out there are seven ways you grow that list of potential customers. The list is your life blood… Here are seven ways to grow your client list.
1. E-zine or a newsletter. People in this electronic age are reading and accessing more information then ever before. Find your niche, write articles. These article can be written on what you are selling. How you sell it or manufacture it. You have to continue to write articles to have a following. Take one or two days a week and sit down, focus, I know you can write eight to ten valuable article. You have control of when you want them published.
2. The same goes for forums, it is a subtle way of selling your product or services. If they want to have this information ,ask for their email address. You will get the visitor who likes what they read and also sign up
3. E books- this is a book of your article all in one easy package, in order to obtain this they will need to give you their email address. If you want earn some additional money have an affiliate site link on your site.
4. Squeeze page is a pre-sales letter that they place their email address in before they can go on to the site of products.
5. Membership sites. Offer free merchandise after purchasing so many products or for just signing up. People like to feel important have different levels of membership. That way they keep coming back and ordering in order to get to the next level of free merchandise or a percentage off their order.
6. Pop-up are windows to persuade people to sign up. Have the sign up information simple and quick, otherwise you may lose them by asking for too much information.
7. Virtual Marketing when they come in and sign up for the newsletter have a give away of a book, laptop, whatever you think will draw in more customers to your website.
You need your list, it is your lifeblood. Once you have them on the list make sure you do everything you can to continue to build trust in you and your company. Note on your website that you will not sell their name. If a customer has a complaint do everything you can to satisfy that customer. It only takes one unhappy customer to reduce your business. Don’t forget to thank them for their business and along with that first email offer them an unadvertised special. You will have approximately seventy percent reorder just as the result of that one thank you email. Keep track of what works and what doesn’t so as to fine tune your business skills. Use that list and leverage your earning power.