How DO You Start Making Money Online?
There seems to be plethora of so called Gurus on the internet that claim to tell you how to start making Big Money online but unfortunately all they really want to do is sell you a product that just leaves you more confused and befuddled than you were to begin with.
You may get lucky and find exactly what you need to start your online business without all the hassle of doing any real work but the question is, 'How long can you sustain these gimmicks?' You may find that the product does you some good to begin with but does it have long term applications for your needs?
There are a myriad of products that offer short cuts to wealth, cheats to improve your SEO's or any number of so called 'useful' innovations that will skyrocket your earnings. Unless you have unlimited funds all you end up doing is paying out money time and again with little improvement in your own online status.
If you go down the route of affiliate marketing and just use all your time promoting other peoples products without a way to build a list of your own then you will always be working harder than you need to be.
What you really want to do is build your own list of opt-in subscribers that you can then send these other peoples products too, knowing that they are interested in that product because they are subscribed to your list which you built with products of a similar nature .
So how can you build a list while promoting other peoples products?
This is what most of those Gurus will not tell you. Why? Simple, it takes money away from them and turns you into competition.
If you can build a list of thousands that hang on your every word then when you promote a product to your list you can quickly become an internet Guru yourself. How?
- Get Online – Get yourself a hosting company, preferably one that you can get your domain name from as well.
- Build Your Site – A lot of Hosting companies offer some website building templates to get you started or you can buy some website building software which gives you more of an edge.
- Squeeze page – This is what you use to capture email opt-ins. Offer a free report or a hints and tips report. Get them to sign up to your free newsletter, anything that will get them to give you their email address and permission for you to send them emails. Do not use threats and do not buy bulk email lists. Both tactics are unprofessional and can lead to serious consequences. You do not want to get all set up just to be taken down before you can even get started.
- Thank-You Page – You want to sustain a relationship with the people that opt ??in to your offer so be nice and send them to a welcoming Thank You Page on your website. From here you can have links to various offers on your website that might interest them immediately but do not overdo it. Keep It Simple.
- Auto responder – Most Hosting companies also include some form of auto responder email system that you can use or you can use a dedicated auto responder. Using this you can build your list and set up a schedule of emails to go out at a time you specify. Great for newsletters or email courses as you can type them up in advance and set them to go out daily, weekly or even monthly.
For Hosting I suggest you only go for single domain hosting to begin with. You may find that its not really for you so you do not want to be paying a fortune to find that out. Not everyone can make affiliate marketing work but if you do you can always upgrade your hosting package.
Do not rush in and buy Website Building Software unless you really want to get in to designing and building websites. The tools given by most Hosting companies are enough to get you online and learning.
Use your Squeeze page wisely. You want these people to give you their email and thereby their permission for you to send them so so make sure you entice them instead of bullying them. What you offer for them to sign up should be unique, informative and relevant to the niche you want to work in.
The Thank You page could offer a link to a special something to entice them further into your website. A bonus gift / report that is free and only available to those that have already signed up to your list will make them feel good. It also keeps them on your site and builds a feeling of trust in you that you just can not buy.
Obviously I can not cover all the ins and outs of building your online presence or your list but if you visit my website you will find more helpful information and links to make your start up easier. You can visit my website by clicking the link in my Author SIG box.
Thank you for reading this article. I hope it was useful to you.
David Joseph Murphy