How Can I Make Money From Home? – A Quick Journey Into Internet Marketing
On our journey we will discover why people might want to engage in Internet marketing, some of the ways to get started, and what a reasonable result could be. First let's look at some of the reasons why.
- The Internet represents the largest marketplace in the world. You can sell to any part of that market seamlessly.
- The opportunities available online are almost infinite, millions of people are using the Internet to make extra money at home.
- Many have turned their hobbies or passions into home based businesses. Many of these businesses have become the main source of income.
- The barriers to entry are very low, many times costing very little or no upfront outlay of funds.
- You can start with no product, no website, and no experience. You do not even have to sell!
Here are a few of the business models people are using to earn extra money at home.
- Article Marketing – Article marketing involves writing short articles related to a specific market, industry, or product, and posting those articles to article directories (usually free). Other people come to the article directories looking for content they can post on their websites. These articles which include the author's resource box, usually containing a brief bio of the author, a byline, contact info or links to the authors site or offering. Well written and freely distributed articles, are often published on multiple websites, and have the potential to draw new customers to the authors business of offer.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing in its simplest form involves a merchant contracting with an affiliate sending traffic or prospective buyers to the merchants product offering, or website, if the prospect does make a purchase, a commission is paid to the affiliate. Affiliates are usually free to use whatever legal means available to advertise the merchants offering, these methods include, article marketing, search engine optimization and marketing, e-mail marketing, display advertising, product review sites, and offline advertising.
- CPA or CPL Marketing – CPA (Cost Per Action) The model pays a fee for a specific action, this could be a sale (credit card transaction), or just information submitted, (e-mail address, name, phone number etc.) also known as CPL (Cost Per Lead). These advertising models are good for the advertiser because they only pay after they get the action requested. This works for you (the publisher) because all you have to do is deliver traffic or viewers to the ad.
These are only a few of the ways to make money from home via the Internet, what these 3 have in common, is that there is very little or no cost involved in getting started, you may not need a website, you do not need your own product. You send prospects to the advertiser, after the prospect buys or supplies the requested information, you make money. What would be a reasonable expectation?
- Put a little effort and time into finding a model you will like, and learning how to do it. At the very least you should expect some extra cash.
- Once you get up to speed on one method, branch into something else, the more income steams you have, the more income is possible.
- Realize that making money online does involve a time commitment, although usually much less than a fulltime job