How Building Your Email List Helps People
I'm writing to share how what you do when you build your business helps others. It's part of what happens when you help people. It's how building your email list helps people.
I'm writing because I know you've got expertise. You've used your expertise to survive a lot of problems and to resolve a lot of pain points for yourself.
You've got a lot to offer. There are people who have the problems once once had who would be happy to trade their money for your help.
You know this deep down. You also know you've got the ability to teach.
Apply your expertise! That's how building your email list helps people.
If you do not feel confident, practice. How? I'll tell you how.
Improve your ability to teach!
- You can teach yourself to teach by observing people getting help.
- You can practice helping people in person with others as backup.
- You can apply what you learn by helping people as you go about your day.
- You can practice by answering questions in forums and social media.
- Start in person where others are present for when you get stuck.
- Start online where others comment too for when you're incomplete (or wrong!)
- Start by addressing small problems you personally solve daily.
You've got an email list, right? If not, then start one.
Because how building your email list helps people requires that you allow people who find you to learn more from you. When you do that using list technology you avoid all sorts of headaches.
- Because you can focus on attracting people with something in common.
- Because you can teach the same thing to everyone on your list.
- Because you can segment your list to teach more details on a subject only to those who opened emails on that subject.
- Because you can let people join your list and quit your list by interacting with your list technology software, your autoresponder, without taking any of your time.
Play with your list technology. You can always decide today's the day to start over and make it so.
When you use your email list as a way to practice helping people you make a difference in their lives.
- Share ways to solve problems by email.
- Share some of your know-how in articles you place online.
- Invite people to join your email list.
Be creative. Now plan how building your email list helps people!