How Best to Market a Blog or Website Through Social Media
Using social media to market a blog or a website is the best strategy for a marketer to reach the wider audience but many times, many people don’t know how to do it correctly and end up unsuccessful. Social media helps create new relationships and maintain the current ones. To ensure an effective social media strategy, below are some tips to help you get started with your campaign.
1. Devise a social media strategy- Before starting a social media campaign you need to know the campaigns benefits to save you time and effort. You need to know the audience you wish to target, why you need them to visit your site and the best way of making them visit your site. Having a plan will help you know the series of actions you need to take to be successful. Also know which social sites you need to create presence in to get to your audience.
2. Choose the right social sites for your niche- For the best results you need to know which sites your target customers are using. Use customer surveys, web analytics, and social metrics to determine which social sites your prospective customers use. For example twitter is a great platform for sharing links with a larger audience, pinterest is good for showcasing images and is great for photographers, designers and craftspeople, tumblr is good for videos, snippets, images and quotes. Also, it’s important that you join the number of sites you can comfortably handle. Joining too many sites may not allow the time and management that each sites needs. You might end up reposting content on the different sites and this will be bad for your reputation. Choose the sites you are comfortable with.
3. Make your profile attractive- Users will judge you by your profile, make sure you make it as attractive and relevant as possible. Depending on your niche, add a portfolio to highlight your expertise and help users understand more about your line of work. Make sure the profile picture is professional as a bad picture can harm your reputation among users online.
The content you post on social sites should be valuable and relevant to your users to keep them interested. People always look for content that is helpful to them and if they don’t find it, they move on to your competitors. The links you provide to users should be easily accessible and clickable to drive people to your website. Include a great call to action to make users click on your links for more information.
4. Offer great content- Regardless of the sites you choose to market your services offering valuable, up to date, genuine and timely content is vital. To drive the right audience to your page optimize the content on the social sites you choose. Users mostly look for specific products and don’t like working too much to get what they want online. Make sure you use the right keywords based on your niche. Users are more likely to trust you if you know what you are talking about, be an expert in your field. Look at market trends and give users up to date content. Also, you should avoid using slang and check for grammatical errors on your pages as people are unlikely to share poor content.
5. Think long term- Many marketers use social media with the main aim of marketing their products and services. A good media campaign should be about building good relationships with the community and not simply about getting your message across. You should know that it’s not the number of followers you have but the quality of connections and interactions you have with your users. You will need time and effort to build lasting relationships with your online community for the success of your campaign. Keep involved and build relationships with your followers by answering their questions promptly, joining trending discussions both on your page and other related pages and asking questions as well to help you understand your followers well.
To market your blog or website, you need to go to the right audience by finding the right platforms. Place the links to your sites in strategic places to get users to click.