Get Paid to Write – 10 Places to Make Money Writing From Home
If you want to make money writing from home, you’re not alone. With the current economic forecast around the word still not that great, many people are looking for ways to supplement their income. The good news is that thanks the to Internet, it’s easier than ever before to make money from writing. Whether it is directly or indirectly, here is a list of 10 of the best places to make money online with writing.
Make Money Indirectly with Writing
These ideas take a while, but they should be part of your overall plan to make money writing online.
- Article Directories – Places like EzineArticles are a great way to make money indirectly with your writing. By writing articles for another website, you can typically get traffic from the articles. If you’re lucky, they will get republished and bring you links to your websites – where the money is made.
- Blogs – Sometimes, you can approach a blogger and offer to do a guest post on their blog in exchange for a link back to your website – where you have ads that make money. This won’t work for every blog, but if you’re not spammy, you can start to build up a good network of people who can help you benefit from your content.
- Blog Comments – Another valuable place you can write for indirect earnings is blog comments. If you follow popular blogs and make intelligent (and funny) comments, you can build up your branding and get links to your own websites – where you can make money.
- Forums – By using your writing skills on forums, you can either start your own community where you can make money with advertising, or you can advertise your website with a signature at another forum. Either way, your writing can indirectly make you money online.
- Your Own Websites – If you can write, you should be able to have your own website where you can write as much as you want – and make money with advertising around the content.
Make Money Directly with Writing
If you’re in need of quick cash, here are some places to make money with writing – right now!
- Forums – Many online marketing forums have a section dedicated to buying and selling. Most of the time, these will contain a sub-section dedicated to buying and selling content. Finding these places and becoming an active part of their community (without spamming) can lead to a lot of work.
- Freelance Sites – Away from the “Wild West” atmosphere of the forums dedicated to buying and selling content, there are quite a few websites that are built around helping freelancers – even writers – find people who need workers. This is not the greatest place to get new clients, but it can help you build up your reputation.
- Your Network – At some point, you should have enough clients that you can keep money coming in without having to do too much work at finding new clients. So, your network is going to become a great place to make money with your writing. Because of this, treat it like it is precious because it is!
- Big Media – While it’s hard to get your foot in the door, if you have a special skill or expertise in some topic or another, you may be able to get freelancing gigs writing for traditional magazines. Even if you write for a big name blog, you could end up making quite a bit of money with your words.
- Paid to Write – There are some websites out there that will pay you for writing. With a little research, you can easily find these. You want to make sure that you read the fine print carefully. While this might be a good way for quick cash, you shouldn’t become too dependent on it.
Getting Paid to Write
If you can write, you have a valuable skill that can be bartered for money. You just need to know where to go and what places to avoid. With a little practice, you’re going to find that there’s never been a better time to be someone who can string words together in an intelligent (and compelling) manner.